It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am 

What I see here after this very nicely played game vs. SIU..
Let's confirm here and now that our team does not quit, and not go there after every bad game.
PM did a great job of developing a work around to Williamson.
If you were at the game, you saw the intensity of PM on the sideline. Impressive.
It spills over to the staff and team.
The defense, which he demands, was intense. Bad D and you sit!
Aguak continues to develop, but remains the mystery man. He's definitely shows a ton of upside.
If the world doesn't end before Wednesday night, I see LUC building on this game.
Negron showed more intensity and confidence, which will be a benefit to the team and
its depth going forward. Go Ramblers..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am 

Yesterday was a great game and everyone contributed nicely. At this point in the season, after playing a majority of the MVC teams, we have shown 2 things: 1) We have the ability to dominate and look like the best team in the conference; 2) We have the ability to struggle early and get completely blown out in the second-half of games.

Last year we laid an egg against Boise State, and for the most part, even in our losses, played competitively each game. Last year at this time we looked good and solid. This year we look good, but vulnerable. We've got 10 games left and we are alone in first place. I'm happy with where we're at and how we came together after a horrendous outing at Missouri State. I hope we continue trending up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:34 pm 

After each game,,,I always feel the same, I think the other team has more physical talent but we play better basketball. This year the key is the 3. When we can hit a couple things open up for the offense to be successful. Our defense is often superior and really incredible to watch. Yesterday our post players outscored the SIU post players 33 to 5 !!!!!!. Remember when we used to complain that we had to get a big guy coach? I go back to some of our past centers like Christian Thomas at 6'4 and Montel James at 6'7 and 6'5 Aundre Jackson....and think how well they played in the post even being undersized.....I dont think the problem was no big guy coach it was no normal sized big guys.....Anyone know who on staff coaches the post players?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:45 pm 

Drew Valentine. He was an undersized power player at about 6'5".