It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:50 pm 

Several mentions in the chain about guys not taking open shots when we have them. Absolutely agree. I have seen it from Bruno, Aher and even Cooper over the last few games. We need these guys to have the confidence to fire it up when they are open. And you can't start to build confidence until you start shooting. So shoot! When we pass up open looks, we get ourselves in a shot clock situation....and we don't have enough one on one ability to create decent shots as the clock is running down. And we also get ourselves 30 straight minutes where only 3 players different players took shots - a la Missouri State.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm 

I have also noticed the reluctance to shoot by some Ramblers. Bruno was looking to pass on one of his 3 pointers with no defender within 15 feet of him. Luckily he shot and made it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 pm 

JC64 wrote:
I have also noticed the reluctance to shoot by some Ramblers. Bruno was looking to pass on one of his 3 pointers with no defender within 15 feet of him. Luckily he shot and made it.

I think some times it is by design and early in the year it was inexperience. They teach "one more pass" and " get the best shot"..They also try and get the player to do something, shoot, pass, dribble in less than two seconds of getting the ball.....I think it is hard for the new guys to get the hang of it. I think they are getting better. They also do not like to take a shot early in the shot clock.....Also part of their strategy is to make the other team play defense.....wear them out.....Sometimes it doesnt look so good......I also know we have had some discussion on offensive rebounding and as often as we send guys back with no attempt at rebounding...the 3 point shot can give you the long rebound..so sometimes you dont take the 3 till people are in position... I think the system takes a lot of practice and time....and can look really bad when players are uncertain on what to do.