It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm 

Big Joe.... watched the clip last night definitely gave me chills!!! I still can't even believe it.... can't believe what we witnessed.... what we were apart of.... Our little Loyola out of Chicago.... FINAL FOUR!!!! Are you sure this wasn't all a dream?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:35 pm 

The reaction of the Miami bench was priceless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am 

Robbie Aces wrote:
Big Joe.... watched the clip last night definitely gave me chills!!! I still can't even believe it.... can't believe what we witnessed.... what we were apart of.... Our little Loyola out of Chicago.... FINAL FOUR!!!! Are you sure this wasn't all a dream?

Not a week goes by that I don't watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 am 

BigJoe1963 wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:

It never gets old. I have the Chicago tribune newspaper article, I’m about to get it framed for my man cave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
BigJoe1963 wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:

It never gets old. I have the Chicago tribune newspaper article, I’m about to get it framed for my man cave.

I saved a bunch of Tribune papers from last season. Will get them all framed for my in-progress man cave.

And I still watch YouTube clips from the run weekly. Looking back at those clips, our offense was just so incredible when we had Custer/Townes/Richardson/Ingram/Krut OR Jackson out there. The ball movement was something that should be taught to every young coach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm 

And I still watch YouTube clips from the run weekly. Looking back at those clips, our offense was just so incredible when we had Custer/Townes/Richardson/Ingram/Krut OR Jackson out there. The ball movement was something that should be taught to every young coach.[/quote]

Same here, still basking in the glory haha. I have quite a few things that I want to get framed for my future man cave. When I buy a house. For now I just have my office in my apartment to call my man-cave. My gf bought my a square cut-out of a piece of the basketball court. Not sure if it’s just signing memorabilia or an actual piece of some court. Regardless it’s signed by the entire team and came with two autographed photos, one of Porter, and another signed my Krut. I want to frame those three things along with three newspaper clippings that I have from our tourney run in some sort of combo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:51 pm 

Had the fortune of being at the Miami game live and it was surreal... but afterwards, going back and watching the clip (which I also still do today), the words "One time out, they don't take it!" will forever live on. My personal favorite call of all time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 am 

Blers42 wrote:
My gf bought me a square cut-out of a piece of the basketball court. Not sure if it’s just signing memorabilia or an actual piece of some court.

It could very well be a piece of Loyola Alumni Gym. I know that after Loyola tore down Alumni Gym they opened an internet store to sell pieces of the floor, bricks, etc.

http://blogs.luc.edu/ilweekly/2011/06/2 ... a-history/

I can't find any mention about this on the current athletic website but I would guess they still have some Alumni Gym artifacts for sale.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:53 pm 

You all know I'm biased on this subject lol.
Milton's shot introduced us into the MVC and Donte shot started the fire on the road to the final 4!!! It set the pace.

Milton also have 2 go ahead shots to win the 2 other tournaments we won(Vegas, CBI) :D :D :D
Proud mom moments

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 pm 

#PROUDMOM wrote:
You all know I'm biased on this subject lol.
Milton's shot introduced us into the MVC and Donte shot started the fire on the road to the final 4!!! It set the pace.

Milton also have 2 go ahead shots to win the 2 other tournaments we won(Vegas, CBI) :D :D :D
Proud mom moments

They still play Milton’s shot in those Arch Madness commercials. He’s in MVC lore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next