It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 pm 

Great to see us pull out a tough road game. Can't say enough about Marques right now. He is absolutely carrying us.

Krut came up big with those two free throws. I think there were about 30 seconds left when Valpo put him on the line. I was glad to see Clay step up and make a mid range shot. Hopefully he stays confident with those.

Thanks for the tip about their board. I needed some bedtime reading material!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 pm 

JCT wrote:
I have never really liked them, but they have a good program and fan base. They were the best program available when WSU left. So, we'll have to suck it up and live with it.

I'm more than fine "living with" a competitive rivalry with some good old fashioned dislike on both sides. It's not like a basketball game consists of holding hands and singing kumbaya with the other team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 pm 

Love it. During the season, teams should hate us. We are fresh off a Final Four run. We have a 2 game lead with 6 games to play despite us playing not up to our potential. We have a growing fan base, a great staff, great academics, improving facilities and a top recruiting class coming in. It would be odd if schools like Valpo and ISU didn't hate us...at this moment in time, we are everything they want to be and everything they thought they'd be. But like they say, and like we know, it can all quickly change so we have to seize on this opportunity and not throw away our chance to really build a sustainable program.

When March 21 rolls around, they will all be supporting us again as the MVC rep in March Madness (just as most of us would support them).

Although I didn't enjoy one of their posters saying something about our Final Four run not being that big of a deal in Chicago. That is pretty hilarious. One look at the Chicago skyline during March would make him realize how much the whole city was behind us.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Love it. During the season, teams should hate us. We are fresh off a Final Four run. We have a 2 game lead with 6 games to play despite us playing not up to our potential. We have a growing fan base, a great staff, great academics, improving facilities and a top recruiting class coming in. It would be odd if schools like Valpo and ISU didn't hate us...at this moment in time, we are everything they want to be and everything they thought they'd be. But like they say, and like we know, it can all quickly change so we have to seize on this opportunity and not throw away our chance to really build a sustainable program.

When March 21 rolls around, they will all be supporting us again as the MVC rep in March Madness (just as most of us would support them).

Although I didn't enjoy one of their posters saying something about our Final Four run not being that big of a deal in Chicago. That is pretty hilarious. One look at the Chicago skyline during March would make him realize how much the whole city was behind us.

Couldn’t have said it any better, if they weren’t bad mouthing us then we’d have a problem. I agree with everything you said, I did find some of their comments on twitter etc about Chicago not acknowledging us during the final four run pretty comical. Clearly they were not in Chicago, the city was all about it. New’s stations, the skyline, Rambler apparel in every major store etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:37 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
I did find some of their comments on twitter etc about Chicago not acknowledging us during the final four run pretty comical.

Maybe they were talking about 1963. ;) The comments would have been accurate then.

I hope nobody confuses those who post on a team's fan site with the fans of the team. For example, you can say what you want about all the stuff on the Wichita board, but the people I met from Wichita at Arch Madness couldn't have been more gracious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 am 

Is Golder the 2nd or 3rd player that got "the flu" while playing the Loyola defense this year? It seems that having to play hard makes some MVC perimeter players sick.

As for the sour grapes on Valpo's board, who cares? They're jealous. They have horrible facilities, struggle to fill their arena and have never even made an Elite 8 in their 101 year history.

In my eyes they're bootleg Southern Illinois & sort of always will be. I don't think I'll ever view them as rivals as long as ISUr & Bradley still exist. Ill always hate UNI more than them for the way their fans received our acceptance into the league. In short, all of the "are we rivals" talk on their board seems a bit silly to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 am 

Scream wrote:
Blers42 wrote:
I did find some of their comments on twitter etc about Chicago not acknowledging us during the final four run pretty comical.

Maybe they were talking about 1963. ;) The comments would have been accurate then.

I hope nobody confuses those who post on a team's fan site with the fans of the team. For example, you can say what you want about all the stuff on the Wichita board, but the people I met from Wichita at Arch Madness couldn't have been more gracious.

I mean when it comes down to it you can’t generalize a fan base. There’s always going to be respectful and disrespectful fans. Personally I think some of it is fun, I was just laughing at how pathetic and inaccurate a lot of the disses were. But I guess when Loyola just seems all around better than Valpo in almost every aspect even aside from basketball they have to take it there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am 

Is it safe to say Negron probably isn’t coming back next year?

I wish I knew what was going on there ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 am 

I think it may be in the cards but I dont know if its a guarantee. We stuck by him with his ACL & he seems to be engaged on the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 am 

Frank looked solid yesterday. With Welch coming in, it is going to be tougher for Negron to get PT next year. I think he has a ton of potential and would love for him to stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looked elsewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next