It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Frank looked solid yesterday. With Welch coming in, it is going to be tougher for Negron to get PT next year. I think he has a ton of potential and would love for him to stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looked elsewhere.

For what it's worth I don't think Welch is a 5; his game is more in the mold of a wing in that 4 spot. We'll be able to go big next year potentially with

Bujdoso/Mystery Point Guard- 6'4
Wiliiamson- 6'4
Tate hall/Uguak- 6'6'-7
Welch-6'8
Krut/Frank-6'9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:54 am 

Have to ask: What have you heard about a 6'4" "mystery point guard" for next year?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm 

Next year will be interesting. If we can find a way to have Tate Hall, Williamson and Kaifes on the court together, that is some serious fire power from 3.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 pm 

Great comeback yesterday. Both Townes and Custer pulled through. Frank did great in relief. BTW, does anyone look like they are having more fun than Frank?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
Is Golder the 2nd or 3rd player that got "the flu" while playing the Loyola defense this year? It seems that having to play hard makes some MVC perimeter players sick.

Anyone who makes the argument “yeah but x was sick, or y was hurt, so we would’ve won if they played” is either forgetting that Williamson is out, or is underestimating his impact. Besides just adding depth, he’s one of our best all around players who’s proven he can take over a game like Townes has done recently. You play with who you have on the floor, and we’re not any less immune from the injury/flu bug than any team we’ve played this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Have to ask: What have you heard about a 6'4" "mystery point guard" for next year?

Haha, absolutely nothing, meant to follow up 6'4 with a "?????"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 pm 

We currently have one spot open for next year, correct? I'd agree that I'd like to see that go to a JUCO PG. Putting our trust in Bujdoso/Kennedy to run the point is risky. Bu then again, Bujdoso will have a year in Porter's offensive system which a JUCO transfer would not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
We currently have one spot open for next year, correct? I'd agree that I'd like to see that go to a JUCO PG. Putting our trust in Bujdoso/Kennedy to run the point is risky. Bu then again, Bujdoso will have a year in Porter's offensive system which a JUCO transfer would not.

Correct; and i think Kennedy is more of a 2 guard at least as a freshman. He's actually a really good passer for brother rice, but has only played point guard for 2 years. Per verbal commits we have one offer out to Trey Pulliam who plays point for Navarro.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:

I think point guard type ball handlers specifically defensively is an issue. I keep wondering why Bujdoso's playing time was going down and ended up thinking it is his defense...He has great reach but his first step is really slow. He has such a wide separation with his he is kind of a glider as opposed to a quick steppe . Who else on next years squad will really be able to stop some of the short quick guards in the league ? And PM is a defense orientated guy.
Trey Pulliam has some interesting offers....most West Coast including Hawaii and San Diego
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6959357/5a ... 2834def51a

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:24 pm 

I have watched Marquise Kennedy play multiple times and I really think he can step in and be a difference maker from day 1 of his freshman year. I would be surprised if he isn't playing 25 minutes or more come conference time next year. Kennedy is incredibly athletic, 6'4", a great ball handler, and a decent to good shooter. This team is going to need a ball handler who can attack the paint, and Kennedy is that guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next