It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 pm 

Welp, Missouri State will come to Chicago one game back of us on Sunday. And if we play like this, they will be leaving tied for first.

Zero minutes for Bujdoso and Negron. Our depth is a concern.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 pm 

Terrible loss. No other way to put it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm 

Bradley is now 6-2 in their last 8...hard to say its a bad loss. The effort was great we just got beat at our own game.

Sunday is huge. MSU basically locks in the regular season title if they win since theyll have swept us. Wed need to claw back 1 game over the final 3 with 2 coming on the road....

Last edited by 440Rambler on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 pm 

On the bright side, the last time we lost to Bradley in Peoria we eventually made the Final Four.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm 

Wow. So much frustration watching this game. Custer? What is going on with him. Another no show. Another road game where he barely makes the stat sheet. I literally don't think he made a stat until the last 3 minutes when he missed his only shot of the half, then turned over and then missed his first free throw. "Funk" is an understatement. Time to sit him down for a long stretch and see if Budjoso can get an assist or a rebound.

And what was with the strategy in the last 3 minutes?. We are down 7, 8, 9 points and we aren't pressing....aren't trapping and let them stand with the ball for 20 seconds? C'mon Porter - we are not good enough offensively to think we can score on all of our remaining possessions. You need to create some.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 pm 

01grad wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
01grad wrote:
Painful second half so far. Again mostly from the offense. They start off possessions ok, moving the ball around, then it’s like they hit a brick wall

The 3's aren't falling (once again). And we don't have the guys to drive besides Townes. And they are doing a great job on Krut.

For this offense to click when Aher is in, he has to be confident and able to take a 3. I fear that’s not likely to happen this year. He’s proven he can drive if he wants to, but teams are just sitting back giving him the three now.

I don’t understand why he stopped shooting three’s. I get He started the season out more cautious but then he started hitting some. He also made one a second late at the buzzer this game. He’s gotta start shooting them again when he’s wide open like that. I noticed that Custer and Kaifes passed open a few three’s to pass to someone else that then took a contested shot. I get they were a little off tonight but you gotta keep shooting when you’re wide.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm 

We need Lucas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm 

Custer 1 of 5 from the field. Really should have finished the game with 3 points, but ended with 6. He had NO assists. I think it’s safe to officially say that he’s seriously regressed this year. Maybe he overdid it in the off-season and is just burned out. I liked his aggression at the start of the game but he just seemed non-existent as a factor in the second half.

The question now is - can Williamson come back and save us. I’m now worried we might not get to 20 wins this season...

I’m not mad at Porter, but for Negron’s sake, I hope he leaves after the season and goes somewhere to play. I thought he showed signs of potential and he deserves a shot to play somewhere. Unless he has an injury we don’t know about, it seems pretty obvious he’s not gonna get a chance here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm 

16 wins with at least six games left to play? I'll take that 20 wins bet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
16 wins with at least six games left to play? I'll take that 20 wins bet.

Agreed. Win Sunday and we’re still good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next