It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:38 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Season ticket holders need to do a better job giving their tickets away if they can't go. Too many open seats behind the benches and media...prime seats.

That’s been happening all season...idgi. It’s totally understandable for 6pm on weeknights (mine - out of camera view - are empty too) but it’s too many for the weekend games on national television.

Are these snowbirds donating to the program?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:05 pm 

Disgusting performance. Someone, other than Krutwig and Townes, has to step up offensively if we are going to win.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:06 pm 

Certainly in a tough spot now. Bad thing is we did pretty much everything way better than we did at their place. Rebounding was great, and the offense was productive. Still looking for more weapons, which is disappointing. Anybody know why Lucas wasn't at the game?

On the bright side, JCT and Blers did a great job predicting this week's results!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:30 pm 

Did I miss the reason Why Isaiah is not playing??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm 

Seems like everyone is regressing on offense except Krut and Townes (who is playing out of his mind).

Custer seems afraid to shoot his midrange shot which was deadly last year. I specifically remember one play when he drove then had a great stop setting up a wide open shot near the free throw line. Instead, he awkwardly jumped and then tried to pass the ball--resulting in a turnover.

Absolutley need Custer to step up and Williamson to come back and contribute.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm 

Re: Custer that one was tough. A possession or two later he did take and make a mid range shot. Maybe that will spark him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:19 pm 

3 vs 5 is not going to get it done Coach HAS only Aces tofix Custer-- f he does npy come around, bench him !!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:48 pm 

That Custer play was crucial - and put the ribbon on another super sub par performance by him. Ironically - it was the only time all game that Clayton actually got himself an open look (his two 3 attempts were both on the break - not in the set offense) - and he passed up the shot to throw the ball right into MSU's hands.

Didn't see the box yet, but my guess is that Cooper, Bruno, and Aher combined to take less than 7 shots. You can't win that way. Been saying it all year - SHOOT the ball. And nobody does. With Custer not contributing, somebody else needs to step up.....and its just not happening. The coaching staff needs to figure this out....actually needed to figure this out about 10 games ago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 pm 

I have to say, I'm really bummed about today for a number of reasons.

First, it seems like Porter has regressed with his lineups only trusting 7 players. Why do I have a feeling Negron and Bujdoso will be leaving next year?

This is a game we should have won (despite them never missing from 3). I have list count This year the amount of times I've yelled "Make your free throws!"

Finally, I won't belabor the point that everyone has made about other people stepping up. At this point Custer needs to power through. Clearly he's in his own head. As much as it may suck, he needs to shoot. Can't break a funk if you're not shooting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 am 

I do not know what the situation is with Bujdoso, but I do know that Moser feels that Negron is too soft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next