It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:02 pm 

I think the article is a fair analysis. We are still the team to beat and have been playing well despite missing what I believe is our best player.

I don't think the league is down this year. I don't see much separation from top to bottom. Although I didn't go through the league schedule to see if it was really possible, with 5 games left in the season it would have been possible for every team to finish 9-9.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 pm 

Rambler88 wrote:
I think the article is a fair analysis. We are still the team to beat and have been playing well despite missing what I believe is our best player.

I don't think the league is down this year. I don't see much separation from top to bottom. Although I didn't go through the league schedule to see if it was really possible, with 5 games left in the season it would have been possible for every team to finish 9-9.

Our next opponent is last-place Evanville, a team that has already beaten all three teams currently tied for first in the league (Drake, Loyola, Missouri State).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:36 pm 

JCT wrote:
Rambler88 wrote:

Our next opponent is last-place Evanville, a team that has already beaten all three teams currently tied for first in the league (Drake, Loyola, Missouri State).

If we lose Wednesday I will join the despair caucus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:16 pm 

Sloth84 wrote:
I do not agree with that quote from the Catch and Shoot article either. The way we are playing right now, Missouri State clearly is better. I can't believe that the article analyzes our performance and our prospects...... and fails to mention the missing Clayton Custer. Until Clay gets it back together (on offense and defense), MSU is not the only team in the MVC that is better than us....with or without Lucas.

It's this simple - we need the old Custer and his at 14 points, high percentage shooting and 4-5 assists per game.

Custer not contributing is really hurting us offensively. I get why porter wants to start him etc. at the same time if he’s not doing anything and is cold throw in Bujdoso for some minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am 

I really feel bad for Porter having to deal with the Custer situation. it's a conundrum. If any other player had this many bad games other than Krut or Townes, they'd see a significant decrease in playing time. The problem is - Porter knows that Custer is capable of playing at the highest of levels and taking over games. He's the reigning player of the year! He's got to be thinking it's just a matter of time before he gets back to his high level of play. The problem with putting Budjoso in for more minutes is -- what does that really get you? Budjoso has shown that he can handle the ball well, but doesn't drive and doesn't score.... which is exactly what Custer is doing in his slump. So how does it really help us to give him more minutes over Custer (other than the future)? What's the upside?

Right now, two of our big three are playing to their potential and doing exactly what we need them to do. If we're gonna win the conference and Arch Madness, all three need to be playing well. Hopefully we see Custer step up.