It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:05 am 

It will be interesting to see who the officials for tomorrow's game are, and how they call it. Is this Bradley's year?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 am 

Something else that killed us in my eyes as a result of lack of calls was being unable to play Aher with Krutwig/Frank. Lack of inside game, we had to play more shooters and had less size. This led to a lot of offensive boards and second chances for Bradley, making it really hard to crawl back.

Really disappointing loss, but the NIT isn’t too bad. Still glad I flew out and got to see Custer/Townes one last time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:41 am 

Disappointing loss. One missed shot too many. I felt this team would win this tournament. However, it has been a great season in many ways.

(1) Regular Season Conference Champs
(2) 20 win season - still means a lot to me
(3) Post Season Game - NIT
(4) POY Townes, Krut and Townes First Team MVC, Cooper Freshman team, etc.
(5) Good-looking recruits and exciting returning players, like Krut, Williamson, Cooper, etc.

I loved the last two years. It makes me appreciate the efficiency of last year's team.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:49 am 

If you look at the post game press conference,you can see that Porter wants to say something about the referees but holds back diplomatically.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:42 am 

Gotta give credit to Kaifes for stepping up in big moments; I’d love to see him become a big piece of the offense next year. Also, that kid can really fly; he impressed me with his ball handling in the open court several the last few games of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:49 pm 

If Bradley wins, the league might get lucky with a 15 seed. If UNI wins, we're getting a 16.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
9 blocks,,,13 offensive rebounds were the significant one......the game was physical, the refs let the game be physical...and when that happens it will benefit the physically superior team which was Bradley. Townes did not have his best shooting game and YES some of his missed drives were fouls but he also had 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals.....in the last crucial 5 minutes...Bradley got some looks and makes on some 3s that I believe were defensive lapses...cept one that Brown hit from NBA range...
Very proud of this team, very proud of their effort today...while it may not have been their best game they left everything on the floor....they were devastated coming off the floor....this is a good group of kids who represented the school extremely well. And while they may not gotten to where we wanted them to....what they did do was way more important,,,,they have revived an interest in LU basketball....started to fill the gym,,,get students involved and played a great brand of basketball.....
So for those of you who are selfishly angry or mad ....faggitabout it...this team deserves a ton of respect and thanks......and a sharing in a disappointing end to the Conference Tournament....
Ramblers.

Well said they had to follow up last year’s team which is way too much to ask for. Overall I think we have a bright future and they did a great job this year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm 

Just over one half played and Bradley has 8 fouls...the same amount they had all game against us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:10 am 

The offensive inconsistency was our biggest flaw this year and, ultimately, what did us in. Had really great offensive showings last week vs Bradley and then in the q-final vs Valpo. Then on Saturday, the bad offense reared its head and we struggled to score.

I kept telling myself, after each poor offensive showing, that we were so close to "clicking" and figuring it out. Unfortunately, the consistency problem was never solved. It was tough watching Townes and Krut struggle so much on the offensive end on Saturday.

Looking forward to the NIT...but the "what could have been" question will plague my mind all offseason, no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
The offensive inconsistency was our biggest flaw this year and, ultimately, what did us in. Had really great offensive showings last week vs Bradley and then in the q-final vs Valpo. Then on Saturday, the bad offense reared its head and we struggled to score.

I kept telling myself, after each poor offensive showing, that we were so close to "clicking" and figuring it out. Unfortunately, the consistency problem was never solved. It was tough watching Townes and Krut struggle so much on the offensive end on Saturday.

Looking forward to the NIT...but the "what could have been" question will plague my mind all offseason, no doubt.

The offensive woes really hurt especially when you consider how well we played defense for most of the season. We lost games where we held teams to 60, 45, 55, 61, and 53. I do think the "best shot" efforts we got for most of the season will really callous and benefit some of the young guys in the long run; especially in how they approach practice/preparation for the off-season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next