It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Will Bryan Mullins Be Hired As SIU's Next Head Coach?
Poll ended at Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 pm
Yes 74%  74%  [ 17 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Cigarboy Sucks (For Old Times' Sake) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am 

Duplicate sorry

Last edited by Barkeep1967 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm 

We did not encourage or condone the actions in St.Louis. That was disgusting .

Per cbs
“Former SIU point guard Bryan Mullins, who is the associate head coach at Loyola-Chicago , is considered a runaway favorite to get the job.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 

Barkeep,

I saw your post under "I just want to clear a few things up," on your message board.

"4. Loyola fans! I read your board. ****** you. Your or run is great. I know you have been reading us. When Bryan leaves you will realize how much of a mistake the Moser extension was. "

You've got an account. Why not just post that here?

You respect Mullins as a coach, but don't have as much belief in Porter's ability? Why so?

Also, "***** you" ?????????? Why? Because we thought some of the SIU fans were super crappy to Hinson after his last game? I don't get why you'd be mad at us.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:30 am 

I am not mad at you at all. I just don’t have much faith in Moser. I am a of belief Bryan is the brains of the operation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am 

Barkeep what you have is faith and hope.......that Mullins is the brains......if it is more than that please give us your facts that indicate Mullins has been the puppet master behind the head coach. What you also have and rightfully so as a loyal Saluki fan is hope that Mullins is the brain...cuz that in a logical extension would mean SIU would hop over LU.......but if in fact Porter is the Brains and Mullins the apprentice then logical extension SIU still looks up to LU........ Seems to me that we should all agree that as a fan we hope our team wins without casting aspersions on any one else
For my money I think if you land Mullins you have landed a quality individual and coach....but as of yet not the equal of Coach Moser..I would base that on their win/loss records as head coach..but I guess that is why we play the games.....love your area of the country...very beautiful

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:47 pm 

See this is why I like Loyola . You guys as a rule are classy. I am basing my thoughts on Porter’s history. I am sure he learned a lot from Big Rick. All I can do is believe Mullins did nothing but help . With his recruiting connections and being a very good coaches son it is my beliefs Bryan is and will be very very good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 pm 

Mullins is awesome. I hope he stays but couldn't begrudge him going back to SIU and trying to get that program over the hump. It'd be a big loss, but I also think were overlooking that Mullins first coaching gig was with Porter. Porter's developed some excellent assistants while hes been in RoPa and Im hopeful he could do the same if Mullins were to move on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 pm 

It's not "Ropa", it's "The Rog" (pronounced Roj).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm 

I believe this is the biggest generational difference between us

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 pm 

Hey Barkeep, if you love us Rambler fans so much how come you haven't gotten around to approving my registration as "Interloper" to post on Saluki Insider?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next