It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: concerned/interesting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm 

So I watched Ketih Clemmons a week ago play the entire scrimmage at the point.....assuming that he was going to see major minutes in a ball handling role...last year in the championship game in the Valley Tnmt Cooper Kaifes exhibited his season long improvement with a lightening quick release with accuracy from 3 pt range......the second half of the season Big Frank started to provide energy with his minutes replacing Cam Krutiwig.....We will now start the season with out all 3 of these guys....I am concerned because the window opening is small for mid-majors to get at large bids and our non conference season is important...while we are not playing the Dukes of the world...wins against UC-Davis, Davidson, St.Joes and some others would give us a shot.....so I am concerned that our chance to do so has been jeopardized......But interested to see who is going to get their minutes , if anyone steps up.....My thoughts are that this might be a break for Marquis Kennedy and Wocjak......Welch should get the replacement minutes for Big Frank......although Porter has in the past shown he prefers experience over athletic talent so maybe we see more of Bruno and Ugauk taking replacement minutes for Big Frank.....My hope is that Marquis Kennedy gets Clemmons minutes and runs with it and never looks back......This could be an opportunity to make the team stronger even though it may effect our non-con record and having us count on St.Louis again to get back to the NCAA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:04 pm 

If they come back in the 4-5 week window, that would put them back in the rotation for the Thanksgiving Tournament. As statement games go, that’s the first opportunity for those types of wins, IMHO.

Different teams respond in different ways to injuries to key players. Last years team clearly missed Lucas. But the year before both Custer and Richardson were out for a significant time, which allowed for some good minutes and experience for the younger guys. If memory serves, that experience paid off pretty well at the end of that year.