It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 am 

Figured it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a dedicated place to aggregate any good team or conference previews people may come across. I've only read the Missouri State and Loyola sections thus far, which are both well done, but these guys produce a lot of good content overall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 am 

Thanks for posting this. Really well done preview.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 am 

I wonder when Big Joe's conference team previews will come out? Always a good read! His 2002-03 Horizon League preview has really stood the test of time.

Speaking of the 2002-03 Ramblers, I Googled a player on that team who was famous on Ramblermania for wearing a gold lame' suit on the sidelines of a game.
It turns out that he returned to his native Baltimore and met with foul play recently (pretty sure this is him):

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/victim/3513/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 am 

Taking bets on how long my above post will stay up on the board before being deleted by ahunte. Over/Under is 90 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:26 am 

That has to be him, crazy! He was pretty highly thought of as a basketball player out of high school, just never quite materialized.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:27 am 

[quote="swellafelon"]I wonder when Big Joe's conference team previews will come out? Always a good read! His 2002-03 Horizon League preview has really stood the test of time.

Do we have a cached copy of that somewhere? I'd love to take a peek.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 am 

Seriously question the validity of this preview given the fact that they have Williamson as MVC 3rd team selection. No offense to Cameron Krutwig, but Williamson is our POY candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 am 

Rambler88 wrote:
Seriously question the validity of this preview given the fact that they have Williamson as MVC 3rd team selection. No offense to Cameron Krutwig, but Williamson is our POY candidate.

Do you want to wager a beer that Krutwig is first team all-conference in the preseason poll and Williamson is not?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:12 pm 

Rambler88 wrote:

While I think Lucas is a candidate for a major breakout, the offense is likley going to run through Cam (especially early in the season). I don't think Lucas will, or need to, carry a Custer or Townes like share of the offense. I think you'll see a more balance in scoring attack this year with all the new additions. Plus Lucas will likely often be tasked with guarding the other teams #1 option on the other end, which can be really taxing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:20 pm 

Rambler88 wrote:

I wouldn't peg Lucas for POY but I'd put money on him for DPOY...BIG year coming!