It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: coaching Pt II
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 am 

1.Coach was just on the SCORE......and he got me pumped, gonna be hard to wait for next year.....sure sounded like he was staying....although he did not say "I am staying" My interpretation is he is here for awhile....but has maybe a couple dream jobs that he has in his head that he would leave for.....in my head that is maybe Creighton etc. He is an emotional guy who would not leave just for the cash. If LU can continue to meet his demands of things that are important to him. like facilities, recruiting budget, great attendance an Athletic Director he can work with and enjoy. I put my money on him staying. So in my head it is up to us....As long as he has what he thinks he needs to win , feels appreciated and we have a great atmosphere...he is here.

2. Was anyone surprised that the coaches at Indiana State and Illinois State are still around?

3. Side note, he is in Hutchinson Kansas recruiting????? anybody know anything about anyone in Hutchinson Kansas?

Post subject: Re: coaching Pt II
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 am 

natetheskate wrote:

3. Side note, he is in Hutchinson Kansas recruiting????? anybody know anything about anyone in Hutchinson Kansas?

That's where 24 juco schools are vying for the national championship this week.

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/di ... ship/index

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 am 

Good Call....I do not see the two jucos which we are connected with Paris JC and Navarro JC but Cape Fear is there....I think we need a kid from Cape Fear if we are going to address the posts about getting pushed around.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 am 

Some twitter interactions have tied us to Javion Hamlet out of Northwest Florida State. Explosive, scoring guard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:40 am 

There are a few schools that have coaching problems still:

1) Indiana State's Greg Lansing -- His contract runs to 2021. I think he makes about $250,000 a year. On whether to fire him, I bet ISU feels like, "we would if we could, but we can't." I would assume they want to spend money this time around on a coach, but aren't going to do that along side paying Lansing out for another two years. They're probably better off waiting a year... sucks for their program.

2) Valpo's Matt Lottich -- Only 3 years into his coaching career, he got charged with the same task as Porter did of moving his team to the Valley. He went 6-12, and 7-11 in their first two seasons; Porter was 4-14, and 8-10 in his. He's 54-44 overall at the helm thanks to running through the Horizon League with Bryce Drew's recruits. The numbers don't look that bad for a team transitioning to a new league... The problem is he's losing guys left and right, and if he's got 2 years remaining on his contract, with what they have coming back next year, he's gonna be a lame duck. I bet if Vandy fired Drew today, Valpo would fire Lottich and announce Drew tomorrow. The best things Valpo can hope for next year is them to finish better #8 in the Valley, and Vandy tanking again. With their lackluster facilities and the competitiveness of the rest of the league, I don't think the Valpo job would be attractive to anyone other than an alum like Drew. I also don't think the fanbase would have any patience with anyone new other than him.

3) On ISU's Muller -- Been there since 2013, and he's never had a losing season. Also never won a Valley tourney. He's still young, 43, and they probably feel like he can still get better and adjust. He's an alum, which gives him more slack than the typical coach. If they pulled the chord now, who would they get? Not surprised he's still there. This year was a disappointment, but I think it would take 2 disappointments in a row (overall season-wise) before they start seriously thinking about cutting ties. The arrow isn't trending downward like valpo -- it's just hovering in place right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 am 

natetheskate wrote:
I think we need a kid from Cape Fear if we are going to address the posts about getting pushed around.

JCT wrote:
We can play like sadistic bastards if that's how they're going to call the game.
Quote:

JCT wrote:
Time to start busting some jaws and cracking some ribs on "basketball plays."

JCT wrote:
I'd really like to see a smart-ass opposing player laid out hard next year in an early game, just to put out some notice against teams that think they can beat us to a pulp with no penalty.

JCT wrote:
We ought to have at least one player who comes into the game that everyone KNOWS is going to settle a score.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am 

Even Sister Jean is fed up with the Ramblers getting pushed around and beaten up.
She has revised her customary pregame prayer for next season to reflect her new attitude:

"We ask God to help us. We will do our part and pray He does His part. We ask that the referees will call the right kind of game, and that nobody gets injured. But if the referees let the opposing team get away with cheap fouls, we beseech God to give us the courage to kick some ass and go full Old Testament on the bastards.
Finally, we ask God that we play with confidence and that at the end of the game when the buzzer sounds, we want to be sure the score says we have the big ‘W.'”
Go Ramblers"