It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm 

According to Adam Zagoria, "Sources: There's a bit of a power struggle at @StJohnsBBall between Joe Oliva, who favors Porter Moser, and Mike Cragg, who wants Tim Cluess.

"As of Friday, the job was Tim's," one source said.

St. John's met with Moser tonight."

Oliva is the Vice President for Administration
Cragg is the Athletic Director

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm 

When Porter leaves Id love to make a strong push for John Scheyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:40 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
When Porter leaves Id love to make a strong push for John Scheyer

If we want to think ahead just in case in more of a what-if scenario, John Scheyer is an amazing candidate, his resume amazing and then the benefit of a local kid from Chicago suburb. Sounds a little similar to someone else I know.

Next, I would say you have to also keep an eye on Bryce Drew Valpo legend, He had some flash with Vanderbilt. But he was able to get at least two 5 Star recruits. That's something that would push us to the next level program.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm 

If the shit hit the fan and Porter left I think we could get Sheyer or Drew. Drew would be better if your on board that we can win now with what we’ve got coming back and nobody leaves. Sheyer if your in the camp of we need to start again and wait 3-4 years to be competitive again. I don’t know what I’d want. I think Drew would be better, short-term.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:18 pm 

A part of the reason I want Scheyer is I believe most programs regress when coaches (and inevitably recruits & players) leave. If Porter leaves I dont see a route competing with MSU in 2020.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:46 pm 

Interesting article in the NY Post, indicates that the Director of Admin Oliva wants Porter while the new AD Craig fears Cluess from Iona. My statement is, Porter had three ADs in four years at ISU and would he want to work for/report to an AD (Craig) who saw Porter as a second choice? Interesting dilemma. And as was pointed out, Saint Johns has had 7 coaches in the 27 years since Carneseca left. Not exactly a stable environment. Must be paying really well.
And what if this all falls through and Porter returns to Loyola? The NY Post story is not a rumor that can be denied. It is out there for all to see. So what does that do for Porter's credibility with the fans and alums if he returns. I would love to know what the well healed donors like the Norvilles think of all of this. And what about Dr. Rooney? She gave a great speech at the Scholarship lunch on Sunday praising Porter and his regime.
Well, lets see how this plays out in the next 72 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm 

Interesting questions, streak. I do allow for the possibility that Rooney and Watson are fine with Porter taking interviews, but there is no way to do that privately any longer. In particular when you're meeting the brass at a school in the media capital of the world. I hope he has been forthright with the Loyola administration about his plans. But from the outside, it is becoming uncomfortable if not unseemly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 pm 

I love Porter, but if Porter is getting wooed in NYC, I hope Watson is making calls to Sheyer and Drew and not just staying up late with the front porch light on waiting for him to get back to Chicago. If Porter goes we need to have our new guy in place immediately to head off any hemorrhaging.

This feeling really blows.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 pm 

And here we go...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 pm 

Wow! Jon Scheyer from Duke and Glenbrook North. He could turn out to be another Chris Collins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next