It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:20 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am 

What a rollercoaster. Now there is some question about him pulling up stakes. Next 48 hours are going to be a wild ride, hope this isn’t going adversely affect on Kennedy’s, Welch, and Wojcik decision to commit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 am 

natetheskate wrote:
at this point if he does not take the job....I would let him go....Going in this deep makes it clear that LU is not his dream and final destination. At this point he has decreased his recruiting power at LU.....and as far as I am concerned lost some of his mojo with fans.....he played on emotion, happiness, loyalty,,,now it all looks like bs,,,,,I had hoped this was the last good story in sports.....but now I am thinking that all sports college and pros and high school to soon follow,,,have jumped the shark.....
As for Steve Watson....you know he is in demand....and why would he want to stay for another major rebuild....
If he comes back how do you root for the guy......it would take a major mea culpa...and some real fancy footwork to get me back

If someone comes and offers me double or triple what I’m making to do the same job, my ears are open no matter how much I love where I’m at. He’s always left open the possibility that he could leave some day. In every interview I’ve heard and conversation I’ve had. I’m completely opposite of you here. If he stays it says a lot about how much he respects this school.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:30 am 

Rambler303 wrote:
What a rollercoaster. Now there is some question about him pulling up stakes. Next 48 hours are going to be a wild ride, hope this isn’t going adversely affect on Kennedy’s, Welch, and Wojcik decision to commit.

They’ve already signed, so the signing period won’t matter with them if that’s what you mean.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am 

I still hope he stays. Not sure how we can get upset at him for exploring, and especially if he returns I think it would show he values Loyola over the Big East.

Still think it’s a bad choice for him. Not his region, they just got rid of an SJU legend and NYC legend after 4 years. And building out of the bottom of the Big East would be tough. He should hold on and see if Marquette or similar jobs in the Midwest open up.

But I would love to have Porter and would really hate to lose our recruits/players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 am 

01 but if he leaves won’t they be granted a release? Maybe I’m mistaken but I thought recruits could be released if a coach leaves?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 am 

Generally when a coach leaves its an expected outcome for his recruits to be given their release from their LOI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 am 

Rambler303 wrote:
01 but if he leaves won’t they be granted a release? Maybe I’m mistaken but I thought recruits could be released if a coach leaves?

Yes, they could, correct. I was reading your post as hinting they would back out even if he stayed if he didn’t decide quick enough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am 

My bad 01, I wasn’t very clear. Yea meant if he bolts, I’m still holding out hope if Porter leaves that they will stay and not reopen their recruitment. May be a fool’s hope.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:45 am 

Bye Bye Porter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next