It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ryan Murphy ?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am 

So it looks like we made an offer to Ryan Murphy ,,,jc from New Mexico JC.....previously from UNC-Charlotte, my question is.....I thought we were out of scholarships? If we red-shirt an incoming Freshman does that then not count against the scholarship number? I am assuming he is immediately eligible since he is coming from a jc ? Is there another brick to fall? This guy reminds me of Mooney from Texas Tech...crazy quick release and range...

Post subject: Re: Ryan Murphy ?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am 

natetheskate wrote:
So it looks like we made an offer to Ryan Murphy ,,,jc from New Mexico JC.....previously from UNC-Charlotte, my question is.....I thought we were out of scholarships? If we red-shirt an incoming Freshman does that then not count against the scholarship number? I am assuming he is immediately eligible since he is coming from a jc ? Is there another brick to fall? This guy reminds me of Mooney from Texas Tech...crazy quick release and range...

If you redshirt a freshman, he still does require a scholarship. There might be a domino yet to fall, or Porter is trying to secure another commit and push a player out. Also, we are reportedly interested in SF Marcus Domask from Waupun. We’ll have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am 

Redshirt would still keep their scholarship....so someone is leaving or has left that we don't know about yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 am 

440Rambler wrote:
Redshirt would still keep their scholarship....so someone is leaving or has left that we don't know about yet.

Shall we start taking bets? Likeliest candidate has to be Negron right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 am 

Based on a very unscientific Twitter study the following players & commits have either tweeted or liked tweets about Loyola hoops in the last few days...Clemons & Pipkins, Kennedy & Welch, Frank & Tate Hall.

Players who have no account activity since before the Porter stuff began: Cooper

Players who have activity since the Porter stuff but have not tweeted or liked Loyola related news during that time: Paxson, Negron, Lucas and Krutwig (but his parents had positive stuff to say on Twitter)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am 

440Rambler wrote:
Based on a very unscientific Twitter study the following players & commits have either tweeted or liked tweets about Loyola hoops in the last few days...Clemons & Pipkins, Kennedy & Welch, Frank & Tate Hall.

Players who have no account activity since before the Porter stuff began: Cooper

Players who have activity since the Porter stuff but have not tweeted or liked Loyola related news during that time: Paxson, Negron, Lucas and Krutwig (but his parents had positive stuff to say on Twitter)

Lucas posted about #StudentAthletesInAction campaign the athletic department is involved n his Instagram yesterday, so there's that. And Cooper retweets or likes something about once a month on Twitter, so probably not the best gauge there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am 

Maybe Porter is taking a page out of Dana Ford's book and recruiting 17 players for 13 spots.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am 

Actually new information has come to light....Negron is not seen in this video from yesterday so it would seem that he is in fact the transfer

https://twitter.com/MikeBermanNBC/statu ... 7601058816

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am 

Do we know when the offers were made? Were they after Sunday, or were they before and information is just slow to catch up to current reality?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 am 

440Rambler wrote:
Actually new information has come to light....Negron is not seen in this video from yesterday so it would seem that he is in fact the transfer

https://twitter.com/MikeBermanNBC/statu ... 7601058816

He may very well be transferring (I have no info there), but I wouldn't base anything on this video. He could be anywhere... class, riding a bike on the sideline, getting water....