It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 pm 

Call me crazy, but I assess his ability from the outside by the comfort level the coaches have in him taking that shot. You know, the ones who watch him in practice.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:12 pm 

You can also watch shoot around before games. And I thought his shot improved some! I even posted that a few times; but still that was only hitting around 50-ish% of wide open looks from midrange. The 3 ball never really came together. Most of his shots had pretty low arc; again that’s fine, but a mismatched skillset.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:38 pm 

And again, all that being said, I think he’ll be a great 5 for some school. We just have too much depth at that position for him to believe he’ll get the minutes he probably, understandably wants. And that’s really weird to think about when just a handful of years ago we were complaining about a lack of a true big inside.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:59 pm 

Let me preface this by saying that I really liked Christian and hoped that things would have worked out differently and that he lands somewhere where he can continue a top notch education and get major minutes. I think all the assessments are probably pretty correct. This comes from a Dad whose son played AAU ball with Christian. He said that Christian was an incredible athlete but did not have a shot yet....this woud have been his junior year in high school. Then he got injured and probably missed the year where he could have really refined his game and worked on his weaknesses and then it continued at LU with injuries...and most of his time for the last 3 years has been about physical rehab.rather than skill development......and by the time he was ready to contribute they had brought in Frank.
My one hope was that this was Christians decision based upon what he thought to be an honest assessment of the situation.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 pm 

Agreed Nate. Christian had an injury and was not at full speed his Freshman year. He kept grinding, looked healthy and more explosive in his limited run this year. I just don’t like people criticizing his skill set or inability to do certain things. I think he tried hard to do everything he was asked to do and I’m guessing he didn’t sign up to play the 5 at 6’7”, so he had to learn that.
I don’t think he’ll play the 5 wherever he ends up, and will be more successful.
The one thing that always impressed me about him, is that he always had a great attitude and I never saw him hang his head. While I think moving on is best for all parties, it just irks me when we lose a really good kid and team player in this way.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:17 pm 

I do not think people are criticizing his skills. It is obvious for whatever reason he MN was not getting playing time . This would not improved next year with the addition of Welch and Hall.

I wish him the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm 

Per his Twitter, Negron is going to GVSU:

https://twitter.com/diehardcubs11/statu ... 08417?s=21

Hopefully a better fit for him, he is going to dominate at the D2 level

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:07 am 

Interesting. Best of luck to him!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 am 

Immediately eligible. Will definitely be keeping an eye on him next year and beyond.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am 

Glad to see he landed somewhere. I hope he dominates.

I was a little disappointed to not see him go to a D1 school. I thought he would have fit in very well at a horizon league school, and would have had a chance to shine. Maybe he just didn't want to sit out another year. Either way, best of luck to him! Still a part of the final four run!