It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:22 pm 

Hello ramblermania,
I’m a writer for the Loyola Phoenix and I’m covering Loyola’s partnership with Learfield IMG College and how it will impact the fans. One of the things that’s in the works is an audio-only program for the games. I’m just trying to gauge the fan interest on this. Is there anybody that would be willing to talk about their opinion on this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:36 pm 

This might be a generational thing, you annoying Millennial, but what exactly is an "audio-only program"?

Is it a live play by play of the game with announcers which is broadcast over the air (or what us old timers used to call it, "Radio"). Is it an internet thingy?
If it isn't play by play what is the proposed content of the program?
Whatever it is, as Groucho Marx said, I'm against it.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 pm 

Hey Swella, is that Chuck Schumer?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm 

No, that's the President of Huxley University, which I understand we will play next year in a preseason MTE which also includes Faber College, Starfleet Academy and, possibly, Duke. Duke is Division I.
Ramblermgr or Streak probably can confirm this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm 

I was perhaps a tad harsh. You are probably no more annoying than the average Millennial. And I didn't mean to derail your research.
I'm going to assume we're talking about a live play-by-play radio webcast of Rambler games.
Still have some questions. All games or just home games? Free or subscription? Ads or no ads?
And who will the announcers be? For example, if Lu86 is the color guy you couldn't pay me to listen (unless he agreed to use the catch phrase "THAT WAS SWELLALICIOUS!!" after the Ramblers made a highlight reel play and THAT WAS SWELLAFELONIOUS! after every Rambler steal.)

My feelings are that I might listen if it was free and the announcers were professional.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm 

Unless Kyle is a super-duper-senior, he is not a millennial (birth year = ~1980-1995). He would be Gen Z. I, however, am a millennial, and sad to say, like you, I don't know what "audio-only program for games" means. I am intrigued though. I'd be happy to give an opinion either before or after learning what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 pm 

Yeah “audio-only” sounds weird but it’s technically not radio so I just didn’t want to be misleading. The plan is for there to be an audio-only stream on the Loyola Ramblers athletic website. There wouldn’t be an actual radio station so you could only access the audio stream through their website. You can listen on your phone or computer but you couldn’t just get into the car and put it on the radio as you drive, for example. Hope that clarifies, but yes I’d love to hear your opinions!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:24 am 

Sounds cool to me. I miss the old streams. In particular the postgame interviews with Porter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:48 am 

Exactly!!!!!...would like to be able to listen to games....and yes those after game interviews with Coach Moser were great.....which reminds me a couple of us out here in the NW boonies are looking into a watch party site for away games that are televised.....hopefully we will have full info soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:51 am 

Id appreciate an audio stream of games.