It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:44 pm 

A loss here would really show a lack of confidence and progress towards the new players fitting in. I am going to look, again, for improvement from Uguak who I think just HAS to take a step up this year. This game should also give us a clue to who is going to step out of the pack of newcomers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:28 pm 

My main goal for this game is not to get punched in the face.

If UC Davis has a tape of the Indy game, expect them to aggressively double or even triple team Krut in the low post to make him give the ball up and force the Ramblers to convert some outside shots. I'd like to see Krut play more in the high post. That could create more space for Kennedy to drive and allow Krut to feed players cutting to the basket. Welch scored both of his buckets on such cuts.
If we shoot ~33% from 3 and ~44% overall we should be okay. I expect Tate Hall to hit some shots; he has such a nice looking stroke they are bound to fall sooner or later.

On defense I'd like to see some full court pressure. I thought our press looked pretty effective late in the Indy game.

Sustainable Ags 58
Gas Guzzling Ramblers 64

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:59 am 

In response to Swella and Nate,
I am reading some low expectations here. If a success tonight is not getting punched in the face, or not playing while
lacking confidence, or playing better in private!!, then this suggests this program is not yet in the status of keeping the stream of high talent flowing regularly.
Im ok with rebuilding, but to suggest that every cycle of player talent will require lower expectations is not what I am hoping to see with my Ramblers. A program should show influx of new talent to keep the level of play up to where it was virtually every season. Probably easier said than done, but a good goal. Also INJURIES..... I know this team, with Franklin, Cooper and Keith healthy will give a boost, so patience is in order. But keep the expectations high.
Cant wait till tonight
Go Ramblers.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:11 pm 

UCD Aggie - Thanks for the insights on your team. While it looks like the UCD will has the same newbie challenges as the Ramblers, I am with JCT that 14 seems like a big number based on our poor performance against Indy. I don't think we are ready to beat any D1 team by 14.

We need someone - and I am pulling for it to be Tate Hall - to make a couple of 3 pointers early.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:51 pm 

Sloth84 wrote:
UCD Aggie - Thanks for the insights on your team.
My pleasure, although I wish I had more insight then I did. Just too many questions. 12.5 pts seemed a little high too me, but it's all about reputation at this stage and the Aggies clearly don't have a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:18 pm 

I'm all over the 14 points. I think this game will be close. It means a lot to Jimmy and Mooney.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:12 pm 

After the first timeout....

I'm really impressed with Krutwig's passing. Those high-post passes to guys like Williamson cutting to the hoop are going to be our bread and butter this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:12 pm 

Not a fan of the new uniforms.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
After the first timeout....

I'm really impressed with Krutwig's passing. Those high-post passes to guys like Williamson cutting to the hoop are going to be our bread and butter this year.

It seems like he did a lot more of that his Freshman year than he did last year. Hopefully this is a sign that our spacing and speed has improved

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm 

shyhyme wrote:
Not a fan of the new uniforms.

They are not terrible... but why mess with something that looked great?

I would have really liked to see a gold alternate uniform this year...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next