It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59 am 

LUC 4 pt dogs !!!!

BROT says we win 77--69 !!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am 

Keep this in mind Swella:
The number one state people are exiting is ILLINOIS;
the third most popular destination is SOUTH CAROLINA.

Chicago is famous for the five "C's": crime, corruption, climate, cost and congestion.

it is as they see a real SH--hole.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:26 am 

Paladin, I'll answer your questions:

1. Sr. Jean will probably watch the game, but definitely won't be there in person.

2. I doubt football will happen, and I don't think there's much of a push from alumni to get it, but that's not to say all money is pushed to basketball. Our men's volleyball team gets good support and won a national championship in 2014 and 2015. We even hosted the final four in 2014. And our other programs have received the support to do well. Women's soccer is having a great year this year, men's soccer has been very good the past few years, and Track and Field has produced several All-Americans this decade.

3. All 3 are out. Kaifes tore his labrum and is done for the year. Agunanne hurt his thumb and is out about another 3-4 weeks. Clemons tore his meniscus and is out another 4-5 weeks. We knew Kaifes would be out this summer, but Agunanne was out 2 weeks before the season started and Clemons the week before after flashing in the open scrimmage we had.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:59 am 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
Paladin, I'll answer your questions:

1. Sr. Jean will probably watch the game, but definitely won't be there in person.

2. I doubt football will happen, and I don't think there's much of a push from alumni to get it, but that's not to say all money is pushed to basketball. Our men's volleyball team gets good support and won a national championship in 2014 and 2015. We even hosted the final four in 2014. And our other programs have received the support to do well. Women's soccer is having a great year this year, men's soccer has been very good the past few years, and Track and Field has produced several All-Americans this decade.

3. All 3 are out. Kaifes tore his labrum and is done for the year. Agunanne hurt his thumb and is out about another 3-4 weeks. Clemons tore his meniscus and is out another 4-5 weeks. We knew Kaifes would be out this summer, but Agunanne was out 2 weeks before the season started and Clemons the week before after flashing in the open scrimmage we had.

Hope your injury luck improves, that's tough
Appreciate the info man, thanks!
Tip-off in 9 hours folks :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 am 

Am I the only person on Ramblermania who grasps the concept of "Trash Talk" and is willing to put himself on the line in the service of the team?

I mean natetheskate is acting like the Chief Diversity Officer in Furman's Admissions Office and Streak has appointed himself Ambassador of Goodwill for the South Carolina Tourism Department (Slogan: Visit Our Many Fetid Swamps This Summer For an Olfactory Experience of a Lifetime!) while simultaneously dissing his hometown (Streak's Slogan: Chicago, Can't Beat it for Crime, Congestion, Costliness, or Corruption. The Climate Sucks too. Don't visit, and if you live here, leave.)

Let's not forget that fairness and politeness have no place at the table when it comes to rooting for our beloved Ramblers. Treat the Furman fans who are posting on this board not as welcome guests but as officious intermeddlers and mortal enemies. They deserve no less...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:00 pm 

Swella I think you nailed the trash part but it was so hard to follow im not sure i followed the talk part. :D But I am much more on your side of the fence on this, we have become over run with Bojangles eating, football loving, shorts wearing purple people in the recent days and I for one will not stand for it! We are a Raisin Canes kinda place after all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:03 pm 

Welcome to the dark side 440!

To simplify my trash talk: Furman BAD, Loyola GOOD.

Peeked in at the Furman message board. Learned they also have a diminutive form of their team nickname like "Ramblers" is shortened to "Blers".
For them "PALADINS" is shortened to "DIMS", which is either a misspelling of "DINS" or a surprisingly honest self-appraisal of their collective intellect.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 pm 

Im pretty tired of hearing exaggerated Illinois bashing. If you hate it here, why don't you move to a state with squeaky clean government, and let me know what state has it. Vermont? Idaho? More people leave California than Illinois. Many states have higher taxes. There's not much we can do about the weather. Our per capita income is more than 15% higher than the absolutely non-racist paradise of South Carolina. Our poverty and crime levels statewide are lower than South Carolina.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/200 ... us-states/

The best thing about South Carolina is its flag.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:12 pm 

Go Ramblers! Love Chicago and have nothing much against South Carolina. I would, however, like Furman to lose this game by 35 and then go the rest of the season undefeated.

The real Joe Dlugosz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:56 pm 

BigJoe1963 wrote:

The real Joe Dlugosz

Are you telling me there are TWO Joe Dlugoszs on Ramblermania?!?

What are the odds?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next