It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Clayton Custer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:14 pm 

The tv announcers mentioned that Clayton Custer was on the bench in a suit and that he had indicated he was done with professional basketball. I saw him at the golf outing the day before he was to leave for Poland. Interesting! I think
Richardson is still playing in Europe. I was always hoping they would get to play together in Europe.
The announcers said Clayton was joining Porter's staff in some type of capacity. Nice to see Loyola welcome back its former players.

Post subject: Re: Clayton Custer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:25 pm 

I think they called the position “director of player performance.” Sounds made up. I’m fine with it. Would not be surprised to see him land on Mullins staff the minute something opens up. Hopefully he stays here for a while! Would love to see him mentor our guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:48 pm 

Great to see Custer back in the fold. Specifically, am hoping that he is working with Norris. As soon as he transferred in I thought he looked like a Custer clone. Would be great for him to help his development on the redshirt year. Also can’t hurt with recruiting to have a former MVC Player of the Year in a recruits living room to help pitch Loyola. Welcome back Clayton, hope you’ll be on the staff for a long time!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 pm 

Nice article by Abby wrapping up this little saga.

Unfortunate way to end his time in Poland, but wish him the best in his new endeavor.

Could be a great new recruiting connection down the road for Porter/Loyola if he ends up helping out with a local AAU team.