It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Watch Parties
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 pm 

A couple of us have arranged to have (at this time) 4 watch parties for LU bball. They will be held at McGonigals in Barrington.
http://www.mcgonigalspub.com/
There is no fee....just come and watch the game with some LU fans....We will have a room upstairs.....We chose the 4 away games that will be on CBSsports....the dates and games are
Tuesday January 7th 8pm vs Drake
Wednesday February 5th 5pm vs Indiana State
Saturday February 22nd 2:30 Vs Missouri State
Saturday February 29th TBA vs Bradley.
We will have signs as you enter....hopefully some LU swag etc.

Post subject: Re: Watch Parties
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:06 pm 

Hey Jeff,
What's the parking situation like there?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:59 pm 

Good question....McGonigals is on Cook st. near the train station.....there are a couple of parking lots that are free from 5pm on and free on Saturday and Sunday...Also lot of street parking.....anyone else have any experience in the area??? Here is the Village of Barrington site.
https://www.barrington-il.gov/barringto ... /index.php
Hope to see you there.....got this going cuz when I watch the games at home ....on the laptop....I cant watch cuz I get toooooo anxious.....might check early.....then wait till ...sometimes next morning to check score.....but if I watch with a group....no problem....hopefully if we get some interested people we can see if they can get ESPN3 on a large screen...for more games. Should be a good game Tuesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 am 

natetheskate wrote:
...got this going cuz when I watch the games at home ....on the laptop....I cant watch cuz I get toooooo anxious.....might check early.....then wait till ...sometimes next morning to check score.

Ha Ha! I thought I was the only nut job who was too on edge to listen to away games!
What I usually do is sneak a peak at the score every few minutes, especially if the game is close or the Ramblers are behind.
I tend to steel my courage late in the game and begin to monitor it in real time with about 5 minutes left to play.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:08 am 

I record the games and start watching the recording from the tipoff, sometime near halftime in real time. I fast forward through the commercials, and eventually catch up to the live game, which I then watch to the end. If it is only a stream on the computer, I try to watch it live.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:52 pm 

Nate:
SirGreyBee was the same way. I always went into another room to watch. He thought it was bad luck for him to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:33 am 

Hats off to Jeff for organizing this event. It was a real success. Thanks for your hard work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:57 am 

We had a great, entertaining,interesting group last night....Our next one will be Wednesday February 5th ...Game is 5pm ...We will have Loyola Trivia contests at the commercials...for LU stuff. Was fun to watch the game with a bunch of Ramblers...even though we could not pull them through. 25 was great to see you and Calculator Lady.