It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
MSU sounds impressive.....you mentioned injuries....is everyone back and healthy now ? nice review.

Ridder is out for the season after shoulder surgery.
Mohammed barely playing the last few games, pretty much Coach's decision.

Prim has been hobbled all year with shin splints - his most extensive playing time was in the Charleston Classic and he averaged 19 points in the 3 games vs. Miami FL/St. Joseph's/Buffalo. I was there and in person he was as impressive of a Bears player as I've seen in many years, yeah I'm including Alize. Since then he's missed entire games and his minutes when he played have been reduced. I left Charleston looking forward to him bumping with Krutwig. We'll see how much he gets on the floor tomorrow.

Looking forward to the game!

letsgobears!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:04 am 

I’m pretty excited about this game. We are 5-1 with Clemons back, with a close loss to Davidson. I like the direction we are headed in and I think we are better than our record, considering we played the majority of non-con without a true point guard.

A win here, and we would have to go 10-6 the rest of the way (with 8 home games) to secure another 20 win season. If we can come out and win by 12+ against the pre-season favorite I think we will really be trending up.

7pm can’t come fast enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 pm 

WOW!! 6,5 fave !! WE should maybe say 78 66 !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm 

Not a good start on defense. Krut keeping us in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:36 pm 

Can someone at home explain what just happened on the flagrant call? No explanation on arena.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:46 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Can someone at home explain what just happened on the flagrant call? No explanation on arena.

In the scrum for the ball, Clemons extended his arm on the guy who jumped on top. Not sure if he was throwing a punch or trying to get the guy off, but it looked bad to a ref and was kinda dumb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:51 pm 

Few thoughts:

Defense much better to close the half. Forcing them to chuck up shots as the shot clock expires (the exact shots they were banking at Gentile last year).

We are an awful free throw shooting team and it is going to cost us.

Krut with 15 first half points. They are playing him soft and he is making them pay.

Need someone else to step up on offense. Has Tate even attempted a shot yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 pm 

Glad we got back within 3. Kennedy provided a nice spark off the bench! After they started by hitting all their 3s I thought "here we go again" Porter nailed it with needing to get other guys involved. Hopefully Tate or Lucas can step up since they were pretty invisible

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:26 pm 

We are leaving a lot of shots short, including free throws. Are our legs tired, or did they move the rim up 6 inches?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm 

Started the half hot and then went cold. I'd like to see a game or half where we don't play streaky.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next