It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:53 pm 

Hold on tight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:57 pm 

Primm is a really talented big guy. Great defense by Hall and Krut though playing straight up.

If Clemons missed that shot, I think Porter would have launched him into the sun. Risky taking it with 25 seconds on the shot clock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:07 pm 

That was a gritty not pretty win, but I’ll take any type of conference win. Our free throw shooting has been absolutely horrendous, but credit to the kids for stepping up and hitting them down the stretch when they needed to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:12 pm 

Injury report: Porter appeared to have strained an Achilles calling his last timeout. He limped to the tunnel!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 pm 

Great win. Great adjustments on defense after the first 10 minutes. Awesome offensive effort by Krut. Got next to nothing from Hall/Lucas and still won. Kennedy also had a nice game. And hey, Uguak had a BIG bucket down the stretch and some nice passes. Fun to see that from him.

I thought MoSt looked like a really solid team. A lot of talent. I can see why they were preseason favorites. Happy to get an early win vs them.

After two games into the MVC season, the Ramblers are the only 2-0 team! Tough game @Drake on Tuesday...can't wait!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:14 pm 

Great win! I know MO State has been disappointing this season, but a win against the preseason favorite is always nice. Great gameplan against Da Silva too. That's 2 games in a row we've neutralized the other team's big threat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 pm 

Krutwig’s footwork and ability down low is something special. I can’t believe how great he is at getting to the rim, even on the rare chance he misses... when all is said and done, I hope he considers coaching because he could probably be great developing big men like him. Although, it looks like having Custer around didn’t work out... it looks like he was in Carbondale tonight.

Not sure what the deal was, but we did not see a lot of pipkins tonight. Was that just a strategy thing since Krut wasn’t having much trouble on offense?

Williamson did not have as quiet of a night as it felt. I’m pretty sure he scored
10+ and was huge defensively.

I really liked Frank in relief minutes.

This was the first game I was disappointed in Clemons. That flagrant was the result of him thinking Mosley purposefully came down on his head. The replay showed he was definitely trying to throw a punch. He’s lucky he didn’t get thrown out. That being said, I liked seeing a Loyola player willing to be scrappy- we haven’t had that in a while. Also, did anybody see the play on defense with about 30 seconds left in game? It looked like a Missouri State player pushed Clemons down with two hands in the backcourt, caught the ball, then took it in for a layup. Maybe I’m mistaken, but it was either an offense foul or Clemens faked it and fell to the ground.

MSU did not have a plan for Krutwig. It seemed like they were going to let him go, and hope nobody else would beat them. That plan failed. Great win against a top-half of the league team! Northern Iowa struggled with Bradley at home tonight. This league is going to be brutal every game for every team - whoever comes out on top at the end will have truly earned the title.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:05 pm 

Great win. The students weren't there, no band, and the place was only 2/3 full, but I think it was the 2nd loudest I remember. I couldn't hear whistles or buzzers for the 2-3 shot clock violations.

So great to see the team keep composure down the stretch. We have a lot of pieces. Interesting to see the 2nd unit group (Frank, Kennedy, Pipkins, Uguak, Clemons) playing so much time together, and so successfully.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm 

And oh yeah, sole possession of 1st place... nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:18 pm 

That was a game it just felt like we were going to lose. Couldn't get anything going beyond Krutwig, and even he missed some shots he normally makes. We somehow did enough to win. Well done, boys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next