It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:59 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
So...

Is Williamson hurt?
Is Williamson sick?
Is Williamson in the doghouse?

He's playing, no points though, only 6 minutes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:04 pm 

Right. It seemed like Porter yanked him and he didn’t come back in. And oddly, Skokna has gotten significant minutes this afternoon. I almost forgot we had him!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:24 pm 

Looks like he had 17 minutes, which given the flow of the game seems about right. Today was a great opportunity to get the younger guys minutes. Kennedy played the most minutes, and he was only at 26.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm 

I feel bad for Evansville fans. Their team looks like it has totally quit. Besides Kennedy, I didn’t think anyone played a lights-out first half and we still pummeled them by 20 at the break. They need an end result on their coaching situation soon or their whole program is gonna go down the tubes. There’s gonna be a mass exodus judging by the demeanor of their players, because given the nature of the allegations against McCarty, I bet they all can get waivers.

Looking at the Evansville message board, everyone seemed to think the first half officiating was one-sided. I’m not sure they were watching the same game. I didn’t see any glaring, bad calls either way.

God, I hope this is the game we point to where Uguak got it together and stepped up. Aside from one turnover, I was really glad for him and liked his aggression. Really hope that aggressiveness keeps going!

Kennedy... just wow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm 

I'd have to look back at some recent results, but I don't recall off hand a team that lacked any and all desire to play defense the way Evansville did today. That was honestly kind of sad. Nice to see a dominant win, but I'm not sure what it will mean going forward. Guessing SIU will bring a lot more that that on Thursday.

Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm 

So Loyola beat Evansville. Evansville beat Kentucky. Therefore Loyola is better than Kentucky.
Who has Kentucky beaten?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:45 pm 

I'm watching the SIU-Bradley game right now. SIU is winning just before the half. Bradley is making all kinds of cheap shots that they know they're going to get away with in Peoria. Whoever wins this game will be tied with Loyola and UNI at the top of the MVC standings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 pm 

OK, just after I wrote that, Darrell Brown came down the court with the ball and jammed his foot onto the ankle of an SIU player. Just picked his leg up and stomped on an opposing player's ankle, and then pretended to fall down hurt. The Bradley-produced ESPN stream didn't show a replay.....just pics of Koch Bar in Africa. I had to roll the play back three times and could only look at full speed.

Freshman forward Sekou Dembele was taken off the court with a boot and under the assistance of two large men. Brown hit one of his two free throws from his intentional injury of the other player to make it SIU 29, Bradley 26 at halftime.

Bradley is the most ruthless cheap shot program in the conference. Apparently, Wardle had success with the tactic in the Horizon, and brought it to the MVC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 pm 

That was a wild play, and I cannot believe they didn't show a replay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:29 pm 

After an SIU player got punched in the face while pulling down a rebound (no call), one of the Bradley announcers said, "This is a tough game."

I don't know what game they're talking about, but basketball doesn't have any punching in the face.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next