It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why the Ramblers win
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:56 am 

Unlike DePaul who fattened their record up on non-conference games & have lost all their conference games, LU made good use of their non-conference games to meld the team, to help the newcomers, & to prepare for conference games. LU is tied for the MVC lead.

Why have they been winning MVC games? The 2 categories where they have stood out in MVC contests are defense (1st, holding their opponents to 57.5 points per game) and field goal percentage (1st, shooting .497).

Their returning starters, Uguak, Williamson, & Krutwig, have done well in integrating the newcomers into their defensive system.

In field goal shooting, Krutwig is legendary, while Uguak is 2nd in MVC play, shooting .692 on field goals.

I was confused with the early attacks on Uguak, but finally figured out that some fans wanted Welch to get more playing time. I agree that I would have liked to have Uguak, Hall, & Welch split up more time at the 2 forward positions (25+ minutes each).

Unfortunately, with Agunanne’s injury & his continued foul problems as he gets back into shape, Welch has mainly been needed as a backup behind Krutwig, to give him rest. Having a healthy center to keep the team together is important for LU.

It is encouraging with Clemons return at the point, LU has never lost by more than one 3 point shot & the freshmen have continued to improve.

Go Rambles!

Post subject: Re: Why the Ramblers win
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 am 

Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm 

To add to Fleet's fine report I must add one other factor--PORTER MOSER is proving to be the best Coach in the VALLEY ~~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:23 pm 

Agreed Brot & maybe beyond the Valley.