It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Trial by Fire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
UNI board has their game thread already up. Some of the posts have me laughing out loud. Do they think they are Wichita levels of dominant? Some real clown posts, and the thread is just a few hours old. I've copied below some of the "greatest hits"

-Loyola has gone on a nice little win streak going but I don't think their record reflects their mediocrity.

-And you're correct on Krutwig. He doesn't like to play defense. He's out of shape and gets winded

-I'm not one that thinks Moser sucks as a coach. He sucks as a gentleman.

-I still say, bring your ugly scarf to the game. Those snobs deserve it.

One poster correctly pointed out that Loyola has absolutely owned UNI over the last few years.

Oh, and while I am on the topic, a poster on the MVC board said that Murray State would be an overall upgrade to Loyola as a conference member.

How many of those posts were by swellaPanther?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 pm 

double trial by fire...this is really the first pressure game we have had for our newcomers...most likely will be the biggest and hostile crowd they have faced......I think we need Williamson to start stepping up on the offensive side....anyone have any thoughts on what seems to be a tentative approach on offense?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:04 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
double trial by fire...this is really the first pressure game we have had for our newcomers...most likely will be the biggest and hostile crowd they have faced......I think we need Williamson to start stepping up on the offensive side....anyone have any thoughts on what seems to be a tentative approach on offense?

In watching the this season, he is expending so much on D that offense seems to be a distant secondary concern. I'm fine with it as that defense routinely turns into points, if not for him then a teammate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm 

I think I’m being fully realistic in saying AJ Green has the best scoring ability of anyone in the Valley right now. Freemans an outstanding slasher, explosive leaper, and an above average facilitator, but his 3 point shot is just okay at this point (though greatly improved). Tyreke Key out of Indiana State is a really good scorer from mid-range and three, I’m not sure he’s the best going to the hoop. AJ Green can score at all 3 levels, and from also from the logo. He takes a lot of bad shots, but also makes a fair amount of bad shots. From what I’ve seen of UNI your best defense is to make Green work while knowing he’s gonna take and make a lot of shots regardless of how you defend… he’s averaging 15 attempts a game, including just under 8(!!!) from three a game. My guess is we rotate Williamson and Uguak on him throughout the game. Watching Indiana State I thought Uguak was stellar in guarding Key.

The key to slowing UNI as a whole though in my opinion is by stopping Trae Berhow. Berhow is UNI’s second leading scorer and has been shooting 48.5% from 3 this year (he hit 5 against SIU). Looking through the stats in UNI’s loss vs. WVU he only scored 5, in their loss at ISU he only scored 6. In their overtime (!!) win against UNCO (Northern Colorado) he only 4. Then when looking at their other “close calls…” in UNI’s 5 point win over Old Dominion he only had 7, and in their 5 point win over Bradley he had 5… In almost all other games he’s been a double digit scorer. And when Berhow scores in the double digits UNI wins by double digits.

UNI hasn’t lost at home this year and despite their setback against SIU they still only lost by one possession. This is a big prove it opportunity for us. My guess is they put all defensive team member Isaiah Brown on Hall, which likely means we’ll need to find someone else to make the panthers pay from 3… Brown can play. Hopefully it’s a great game and we come away with the W.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:44 pm 

Who is ValpoGrad1314 on MVC board and why does he have an ExpansionGrad1314 account talking to himself about expansion? :shock: :lol: