It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Arch Madness Prep
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:29 pm 

Hey all,

Figured I would start a thread getting ready for Arch Madness. Specifically I was trying to figure out our hotel situation this morning, usually have just crashed with a friend or found a random hotel (or been a student).

Anybody recommend doing the team hotel, or any other recommendations? Is there a package for the team hotel, and is it worth the price? I’m flying in Thursday afternoon

Post subject: Re: Arch Madness Prep
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:18 pm 

Westin offers a Loyola Fan Block for discounted rooms but I’d imagine the fan block is sold out. I’d still recommend the team hotel because it’s next to Ballpark Village and a short walk to the stadium, but you could probably find cheaper hotels.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 am 

Last year was the first time I stayed at the LU hotel and it was a lot of fun...ran into and got to talk with coaches and players....the pre game pep rally was great.......little hike to stadium but not bad at all.....was a good experience.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:55 pm 

I'm arriving Thursday at midnight via train. I'm using the some of the frequent traveler miles I had built up over the years, so the train is free. Got a rate of $65 at the Red Lion across the street from the arena via Priceline-- I stayed there several years ago for a concert at St. Louis Symphony AND for Arch Madness. You can't beat the location, especially if you're on the train or taking the Metro. After the 2018 Championship I had drinks there with a bunch of Ramblers fans before taking the train home.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:54 pm 

Because of my work schedule I haven’t been able to make the Friday game the last two years, due to the 1 seed playing the first game. That made for a very awkward and stressful afternoon in the office of watching from my phone and having everyone else wondering what the screaming was about.

This year, assuming we’ll be the two, or even god forbid the 3, seed, I should be able to make the short drive down Friday. Always a good time. If you can’t make it until Saturday, I’ve learned it’s not a bad idea to wait until that morning or afternoon to find a room. A lot of cancellations happen after the Thursday and Friday games. A lot of people still stay all weekend, which makes for a fun atmosphere, but a lot also do not stay.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:03 pm 

I went to Arch Madness last year-- my first post-season tourney ever and it was great. So, I'm planning to go again this year. Which hotel is the team hotel? As long as I'm going, I might as well maximize the joy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:13 pm 

Cruyff wrote:
I went to Arch Madness last year-- my first post-season tourney ever and it was great. So, I'm planning to go again this year. Which hotel is the team hotel? As long as I'm going, I might as well maximize the joy.

Westin. Hopefully they still have rooms available. If not, it’s next to Ballpark Village so if you head there over the weekend you can also walk in Westin for the pregame rallies or a postgame meal in the restaurant/bar with other Ramblers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:04 am 

If you want to stay in the Team Hotel, Westin,,,and get shut down at their site....Give the Athletic Department and or ticket office a buzz, no guarantees but sometimes they have some back channel tickets that may not being used....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:48 am 

Any advice for scalping tickets? My ability to go is dependent on a friend's work schedule and so our plan is to scalp once we get there (providing a Loyola win on Friday). Should we just show up at enterprise center early and look for sad fans of whatever team just lost?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:57 am 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Any advice for scalping tickets? My ability to go is dependent on a friend's work schedule and so our plan is to scalp once we get there (providing a Loyola win on Friday). Should we just show up at enterprise center early and look for sad fans of whatever team just lost?

If you’re going to buy third party, check with fans of other schools if you can find any. If a school loses Thursday or Friday many will be looking to dump their tickets. I’d also suggest first just going to the box office to see what they have at face value. I’ve gone down on Saturday the last few years, and always gotten tickets at the window. Doubtful the arena sells out, and some fans noted in the first sentence may have given their tickets back.

I wouldn’t suggest trusting the street sellers