It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm 

shyhyme wrote:
01grad wrote:
rambler95_99 wrote:
Frank has to be hurt, right? How else does he get no minutes the last 2 games, especially with Krut being hurt.

There has to be some story to it. Especially those last seven minutes without Krutwig

Still need to find that extra scholarship for next year.

Frank has shown development in his limited minutes this year. A better touch on his shot and some better footwork. Still needs to cut down in the bad fouls and travels. But he can only do that if he gets playing time. Hope there is a good reason he isn't getting PT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
I need ease my live posting while watching games. Live and die too much with every play.

Anyways, we got the win. Thank the Lord for Lucas. He had an AWESOME game, especially hitting free throws (which continue to be an issue). Quise had a rough showing (although some of his fouls were questionable). Hoping Cam is OK and back Saturday. We need him.

Random question, and this isn't a knock because Lord knows we have had our attendance issues in the past, but was there one Evansville student there? Seemed that everyone in attendance was over 50 and there was not even a student section area.

The weather was terrible down there, their team has been terrible this year, and I don’t believe they play on campus. I’m sure that contributed to the crowd. But I asked myself the same question.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:01 pm 

01grad wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
SIU might pull a Loyola*

*fail to reach 40 points in a Wednesday road game

And Drake is about to lose by 30 in a midweek road game

Winning on the road in the Valley is insanely hard this year. It's such a deep conference with so much parity, and I think that becomes even more apparent as we approach the back end of the conference schedule. It feels like every game is an all out war. There is not a single game left on the schedule where you can feel confident about getting a win.

We barely beat the last place team. 2nd seeded SIU is getting smacked around at Valpo. Drake just lost by 35 to seed MoSt.

Arch Madness is going to be fun this year. I just hope everyone on the team is healthy once we get there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 pm 

It's a final in Valparaiso, SIU gets Loyolaed, 55-38. SIU goes scoreless for the last 4:08, and without a field goal for the last 4:49. Valpo is pretty tough in the last five minutes.

So Ramblers and Salukis tied at 9-4, with UNI coming to Gentile and SIU hosting Bradley.

Man, this league is a cement mixer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:04 pm 

LU Rambler12 wrote:
01grad wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
SIU might pull a Loyola*

*fail to reach 40 points in a Wednesday road game

And Drake is about to lose by 30 in a midweek road game

Winning on the road in the Valley is insanely hard this year. It's such a deep conference with so much parity, and I think that becomes even more apparent as we approach the back end of the conference schedule. It feels like every game is an all out war. There is not a single game left on the schedule where you can feel confident about getting a win.

We barely beat the last place team. 2nd seeded SIU is getting smacked around at Valpo. Drake just lost by 35 to seed MoSt.

Arch Madness is going to be fun this year. I just hope everyone on the team is healthy once we get there!

I think part of that has to do with how young this league is overall. A lot of talent, but also a lot of underclassmen. Including us. Never underestimate how important Senior leadership can be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 pm 

What happened to Krut, injury-wise?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm 

swellafelon wrote:

Looked like he just came down and tweaked the ankle after grabbing the rebound. Might have stepped on someone’s foot in the scrum. Didn’t look egregiously bad, but he didn’t look like he wanted to put his full weight on it either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:34 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

Looked like he just came down and tweaked the ankle after grabbing the rebound. Might have stepped on someone’s foot in the scrum. Didn’t look egregiously bad, but he didn’t look like he wanted to put his full weight on it either.

The replay showed he stepped on a teammate’s (Aher?) foot and twisted his ankle. It’s always tough to predict how bad ankle sprains will be. The fact that he came back out and wasn’t on crutches isn’t a bad sign, though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:43 pm 

When I was an undergrad playing pickup ball at Alumni Gym in my low cut Chucks it seemed I sprained an ankle by landing on somebody's foot about once a month. My ankle would look like an overinflated black and blue balloon.
I don't know how nowadays players come back from these sprained ankles in a few days.
Must be the drugs...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:02 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
When I was an undergrad playing pickup ball at Alumni Gym in my low cut Chucks it seemed I sprained an ankle by landing on somebody's foot about once a month. My ankle would look like an overinflated black and blue balloon.
I don't know how nowadays players come back from these sprained ankles in a few days.
Must be the drugs...

Those were some battles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next