It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:49 pm 

Don’t look now but we are sitting at 9-4 with five games left. Aside from what everyone else does, even if we go 3-2 down the stretch, we equal our 12-6 league finish last year, with a team that had considerable less “star” power without Townes and Custer. That would also secure our 20 win season for the third straight year.

Would have been nice to blow these guys out, but a win is a win in this league. Saturday is going to be INSANE. I have a feeling it’s going to be one of the top 3 loudest games in Gentile Arena. We win Saturday and the dream of a 3-peat is very much alive! I think this is our biggest regular season game since Nevada last year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:38 pm 

I have never seen us shoot so early in the shot clock, wonder if it was intentional
Frank looked like he was not dressed to play
this Valley schedule is a grind...both teams looked slow and left a bunch of shots short , tired and worn out...looked like an old mans YMCA game for awhile.
I think we were saving some offensive sets.....not giving UNI a peak.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:02 am 

The interesting thing about Evansville is it’s not like they don’t have talent on that team. I’m not trying to erase the fact that we blew a 22 point lead, which is inexcusable, but they are not bad as much as they have been through a tremendously exhausting, rollercoaster season. The fact that they were able to dig themselves out of a hole like that says just as much about them, as it doesn’t about us blowing the lead. I still think they get a win or two before the end of the regular season.

They are a dangerous team now because they pretty much don’t have any pressure on them. They have enough talent to play spoiler with Drake, UNi and SIU left. I’m really hoping they do something big in the next five games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 am 

I think they can beat both ISUs at home for a 2-16 finish. If DeAndre comes back and gets a few games under his belt before Arch Madness, they will give the #7 seed hell on Thursday night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
The interesting thing about Evansville is it’s not like they don’t have talent on that team. I’m not trying to erase the fact that we blew a 22 point lead, which is inexcusable, but they are not bad as much as they have been through a tremendously exhausting, rollercoaster season. The fact that they were able to dig themselves out of a hole like that says just as much about them, as it doesn’t about us blowing the lead. I still think they get a win or two before the end of the regular season.

They are a dangerous team now because they pretty much don’t have any pressure on them. They have enough talent to play spoiler with Drake, UNi and SIU left. I’m really hoping they do something big in the next five games.

Exactly right, and a reason why some of us had heartburn going into the game. They have talent, enough talent that they beat Kentucky, at Kentucky. Then their program went into complete chaos. But that talent really didn’t leave. They’ve played a few close games, including overtime with SIU and a pretty tight game with UNI, and it seems inevitable that eventually they’re going to bite someone. I’m just relieved it wasn’t us last night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 pm 

Scholarship won't be an issue an issue next year. The big kid from MN has agreed to walk on and redshirt next year. He will get scholarship after that. He has skills but is a bit light. He needs to adds a little weight and work on his quickness a little. One year playing and practicing against Cam and Frank should help him tremendously.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:26 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
Scholarship won't be an issue an issue next year. The big kid from MN has agreed to walk on and redshirt next year. He will get scholarship after that. He has skills but is a bit light. He needs to adds a little weight and work on his quickness a little. One year playing and practicing against Cam and Frank should help him tremendously.

If true, that would be huge (no pun intended)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:

That's huge especially considering his offers. Given how we used Krutwig playing center for this team has to be appealing. Agree he needs to work on his foot speed though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10