It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Brunos then Dons Oasis../

Who is Don? A new owner?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:06 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
couple things.
UNI has had a great season but can they keep it up counting on running 50% clear outs for Green and getting little contribution off the bench

I thought our bench production was huge, especially Kennedy. I love seeing his aggressiveness going to the rim. There was a fastbreak situation where UNI had numbers and he just wouldn't stop and layed it up and in over a back peddling Green. He has an edge to how he plays that I love to see and is perfect for the 6th man.

There are so many moments from this game I will remember.

Phyfe trying to bang on Krutwig in the second half and then losing his balance and falling over.
Krutwig's run of 8 in a row against Phyfe late in the second
Several closeout from Uguak, Williamson, and Hall where it looked like Green was going to blow by them and they stayed in front somehow and pushed him back to the line.
Dagger 3 from Clemons in OT

What a great game. I don't think there has ever been a better game in Gentile Arena. I certainly haven't been to one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm 

I aree with J Miller. Probably the best game ever in the Joe! Taking Valley title in the Joe and beating Purdue when Keady was coach were two others but they cannot top this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:20 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
I aree with J Miller. Probably the best game ever in the Joe! Taking Valley title in the Joe and beating Purdue when Keady was coach were two others but they cannot top this.

I think taking the Valley title at home vs Bradley in the finale last year was my favorite. A great sendoff for Custer/Townes--two Loyola legends getting to cut the net down in their final home game as Ramblers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:18 pm 

Doesn't get better than cutting down the nets.

As far as great games go it's hard to beat last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7