It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:35 am 

This Saturday 2:30 ...McGonigals in Barrington....trivia topics will be 1. Coaches since George Ireland 2. The 85 team.......We have had fun turnouts ....this is the first weekend watch party.....hope all in the NW can make it.....They have treated us well at McGonnigas....and NO charge.
http://www.mcgonigalspub.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:38 am 

So time to start planning to come to McGonigals in Barrington to help carry the Ramblers to victory….I will be there by 2….just come on in…you will easily spot the Loyola section…grab a name tag…..the code words are RICHIE FORD………start yelling at the officials and have a good time……no charge….they have some good beers…..Smithwicks on tap is my go to. Hope to see you there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:28 pm 

nice turnout today.....with the bonus of getting to watch Army-Navy....holy crap!!!!....but here are some of the trivia question.s
1. name the coaches in order after George Ireland......
2. which had the best winning % after Porter......who had the worst?
3. who was the 6th best scorer on the 84-85 team? who averaged 0 points???
4. Which player on the 84-85 team was not from the Chicago area?
just a few...
Will be back at McGoningals next Saturday for the Bradley game....think it is a 1 oclocker.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:36 am 

had to give a nod to 25yearstreak JR. who nailed almost all the trivia questions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:59 am 

Thanks to Nate the Skate for organizing this. Nice turnout and great food. The only fly in the soup was the Army Navy game going into OT and all the crap official reviews which delayed the switch over to the Rambler game. By then there were only five minutes to go in the first half. But McGonigals is a great venue especially for those living far North. Thanks again Nate. See you Tuesday and then in Peoria.
I really enjoyed watching Valpo come back after trailing Bradley by double digits. Valpo was really lighting up the threes.
Going to watch the NIU/SIU game in about an hour. Hate to say it but I hope NIU wins. Normally I would be pulling for Brian and Javon.
It would be interesting to play SIU in the Arch Madness semi or final game.