It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: UNI/ISblue
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:04 pm 

I hope our whole team was watching this game and there is a team meeting right now. We are officially back in the hunt. Finish things out and we take a third straight title.

Last edited by ToledoRambler on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:04 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
The inevitable tie breaker question: (insert here).

I seem to forget this every year... or does it change every year?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:06 pm 

However, as an addendum to my last post, if we tied UNI for the regular season won-loss crown, we would be entitled to an automatic NIT bid, which would be nice.

I can't remember if the NIT excludes teams that have below-.500 conference records, but if it does, we might end up having a home NIT game with our NET-- if we win out through the final.

Jus' sayin'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:07 pm 

Quick tiebreaker scenario:

Northern Iowa - Lose
Southern Illinois - Win
Bradley - Currently winning, but could lose the tiebreaker if we lose in Peoria

There's no 3 way tie scenario where we could beat UNI either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm 

JCT wrote:
However, as an addendum to my last post, if we tied UNI for the regular season won-loss crown, we would be entitled to an automatic NIT bid, which would be nice.

I can't remember if the NIT excludes teams that have below-.500 conference records, but if it does, we might end up having a home NIT game with our NET-- if we win out through the final.

Jus' sayin'.

As an addendum to your addendum: that would only be true if UNI won the bid in St Louis. We tied with Drake last year, had the tie breaker with Drake, and only we got the NIT auto bid. But, if we have 23+ or so wins, I’d think we’d have an argument for NIT at large.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:12 pm 

01grad wrote:
JCT wrote:

Jus' sayin'.

As an addendum to your addendum: that would only be true if UNI won the bid in St Louis. We tied with Drake last year, had the tie breaker with Drake, and only we got the NIT auto bid. But, if we have 23+ or so wins, I’d think we’d have an argument for NIT at large.

Even then, are we sure we would have an auto bid to the NIT as a 2 seed at Arch Madness? Last year we were co-champs, but also the #1 seed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:14 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
01grad wrote:
JCT wrote:

Jus' sayin'.

Even then, are we sure we would have an auto bid to the NIT as a 2 seed at Arch Madness? Last year we were co-champs, but also the #1 seed.

No. Only the #1 seed in the conference tournament qualifies for the NIT auto bid.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:15 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
01grad wrote:
JCT wrote:

Jus' sayin'.

Good question. I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:36 pm 

WestCoastFan wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
01grad wrote:

No. Only the #1 seed in the conference tournament qualifies for the NIT auto bid.

I thought it was conference champs, and didn't depend on seeding.. On further study, you're right. Drake was in the CIT last year, not the NIT.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 pm 

Doesn't this UNI loss pretty much ensure that MVC won't be a 2-bid league?