It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:26 pm 

How long do you think it will be before there is a players’ lawsuit seeking Eligibility for 1 more year? Could that even happen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:23 pm 

It's cancelled.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:38 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
How long do you think it will be before there is a players’ lawsuit seeking Eligibility for 1 more year? Could that even happen?

I saw this mentioned elsewhere. I'm not sure how you can give them eligibility since there's too many issues.

Do you give every player an extra year? How does that affect recruits next year and the year after? Why should a player get an extra year, if the cancellation didn't make a difference?

Do you give it just to players who would've played in either the NCAA Tournament or NIT? Does that bring up lawsuits for players who want an extra year but couldn't because they didn't make the tournament? Will it be okay since most schools wouldn't make either tournament?

Do you just let players return for the tournament next year? Will players like the limbo of not knowing if they'll play again or not? Does this only work for seniors this year or will it be offered to any player for after their 4th year?

My guess is nothing will happen, and every player just loses this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 am 

This coronavirus event is a lifetime event that everyone who survives it will remember and will talk about.
Equivalent to Pearl Harbor, JFK Assassination.
These are surely extraordinary times.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:00 pm 

There will be lawsuits where players Will seek an extra year of eligibility. My thought it they will all be denied.

You can’t just give some players eligibility because of the NCAA‘s “AT LARGE” component. “Bubble” school’s players have no idea whether they’ve gotten into the tournament now, because all the conference tournaments got cancelled. Plus, only letting NCAA tournament team players have an extra head unfairly penalizes the other schools who have to play them again. If this happened one year later and we get Krutwig, Williamson, et. all back another year, the rest of the Valley would get screwed.

The whole thing is a huge mess and there will never be a good solution. The only way to go is apologize to seniors, but tell them they are screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:36 pm 

Lunardi tweeted out his hypothetical NIT bracket...he had us as an 8 seed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Lunardi tweeted out his hypothetical NIT bracket...he had us as an 8 seed.

I have us as the hypothetical champion.