It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Valley Transfers
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
7 footers are often projects..who take a while to bake..Robbins from Drake a good example......But I call this the Krutwig effect...almost every team in the Conference brought in a new center last year...My thought was that they all felt that if they did not improve at the 5 spot LU would just keep running away.....I also saw teams adapt different ways to guard Krut.....I think he was the focus of a lot of attention.....How many players have we had that teams have had to plan for? I am thinking LaRue way back,,,,ALfredrick,,,,maybe Milt......Krut has really been something,,,,,and he was all shinny right out of the box!

Someone posted this in another thread, but I'd really like to see more offensive sets where Krut sits down low and facilitates there (either dishing or going up with it). This is more similar to how we used him his freshman year. I think we should be able to do it more this year when we pair him with four offensive threats that can shoot from deep or drive/dish (e.g., Krut with Lucas/Tate/Kennedy/Clemons). This isn't to say that we should eliminate him working the high post altogether--just mix it up more.

His Freshman year we had Jackson who could go to the high post/elbows and facilitate the offense allowing Krut to post. I have said this for 2 years now. Uguak can’t pass and we don’t have another player to do it. Also Ingram was able to do that. (I thought if we had kept Negron he was getting close) That is what opens up all the back cuts and wide open threes. Maybe Welch can develop into that role?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14