It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Valley Transfers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:37 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Jared Jones...a 6'9 center/Power forward from Northwestern just entered the transfer portal...I saw him play a couple of times...very athletic,,high motor.....would be a great fit...at LU...one year to study under Krut and then take over......I also think he is a lefty......would be a great fit athletically and academically....

I don't disagree with you. I would be happy to land this kid. I just wonder what that does to the forward depth chart in 2021-22 with Agunanne, Hutson, and maybe Welch in some minutes. It would certainly mean we would be playing more sets with two big men. I wouldn't mind bringing in as much talent as possible and trying to craft strategy around that; but that's not how Porter runs the program. There's one post forward spot in his offense, and that means at most, you'll have all your forwards splitting those 40 minutes. Not really an efficient use of the depth chart.

Also, I did some research and this was his top 10 out of high school: Cincinnati, Georgia, Harvard, LSU, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Northwestern, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest. It would be really nice to be able to go head to head with those schools on the recruiting trail and win, as unlikely as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:38 pm 

Not going to happen. Plus how would you explain this to Jacob Hutson: Two red shirt underclass centers-in-waiting, one on scholarship one paying his own way?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:57 am 

Tykei Greene, who originally committed to the Ramblers (even signed LOI) but backed out at the last minute and enrolled at Manhattan has entered the Transfer Portal. Averaged 9+ ppg his soph. year.
I liked him as a prospect. It doesn't seem though that Porter pursues any transferees who turned down earlier Rambler offers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:33 pm 

I’d say an almost certainty he’s back, but still interesting he’s putting his name in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:13 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
I’d say an almost certainty he’s back, but still interesting he’s putting his name in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 pm 

If what he is saying is true, Krutwig should do the same thing…

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:33 am 

JFL withdrew from the draft.....but then put his name into the transfer portal. Big blow for Valpo. With him, they were likely a top 5 team in the Valley. Without, they will be fighting to avoid Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:32 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
JFL withdrew from the draft.....but then put his name into the transfer portal. Big blow for Valpo. With him, they were likely a top 5 team in the Valley. Without, they will be fighting to avoid Thursday.

Again?? Did a spot open at Northwestern or something?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:42 am 

I would have to think that if he put his name back in the transfer portal again, he can’t come back,Right? At this point Lottich has to be tired of being jerked around.

I don’t understand why he would want to leave Valpo at this point. He’s got two years left, he made the Valley championship, and it’s starting to look like they may be turning a corner. If things went right, they might even be in contention for a league championship his senior year if he stayed. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up. If it’s northwestern, I’m not sure that’s a great move for him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:03 am 

Doing some math on this one, my guess is that whoever he was talking to about his NBA chances got in his ear about playing against “better competition” to improve his stock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next