It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:16 pm 

Brot, how does the Coronavirus Pandemic compare with the Spanish Flu Pandemic, which you also lived through?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:16 pm 

As always a great question SWELL !!
--Corona hit harder BUT our Governor DeWine and his people sniffed this Corona bug way early and apparently is saving the day--Spanish flu hit hard as I recall BUT this was way worse and is not yet over-- SF was NOT as devastating --except for the fatalities !! It does appear that Buckeyes are cooperating with DEWINE--
SF did NOT banish us to our homes as did Corona !!
--Could be we are smarter this time !!
DANKE SWELLA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:52 pm 

Brot, you're even older than I thought!

Glad you're doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:12 pm 

Great to hear (read) from you during these times, Brot, and good to know you’re doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:45 pm 

Being on lock down with two kids isn't easy but we're hanging in there.

The lockdown has affected business but thanks to kind folks like ahunte, we're surviving.

On the plus side, I've done more projects around the house than I would have over the course of the entire year!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:55 pm 

Is anyone else worried that next season will be altered because of the pandemic? I saw something about the mayor of LA saying there won't be any sporting events there until 2021. I mean, how sure are we that schools will even be open in the fall?

And, as a side issue, if you were an incoming freshman at a school where tuition costs you $45,000, would you really enroll if you thought there was a chance you'd be stuck at your parents' house doing online classes? Next year's freshman class could take a huge hit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:09 pm 

Talk about overkill.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 pm 

JC64 wrote:
Talk about overkill.

What part?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:34 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Is anyone else worried that next season will be altered because of the pandemic? I saw something about the mayor of LA saying there won't be any sporting events there until 2021. I mean, how sure are we that schools will even be open in the fall?

And, as a side issue, if you were an incoming freshman at a school where tuition costs you $45,000, would you really enroll if you thought there was a chance you'd be stuck at your parents' house doing online classes? Next year's freshman class could take a huge hit.

I think it is a legitimate concern. If schools are not open this fall, will athletics be allowed? I don't want to get too political on here, but I am having a VERY difficult time envisioning how our economy could survive this type of shutdown through the rest of 2020. There are already 20+ million unemployed due to the shutdown. There needs to be some type of balancing act...and soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:39 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
I think it is a legitimate concern. If schools are not open this fall, will athletics be allowed? I don't want to get too political on here, but I am having a VERY difficult time envisioning how our economy could survive this type of shutdown through the rest of 2020. There are already 20+ million unemployed due to the shutdown. There needs to be some type of balancing act...and soon.

Right. And even if schools are open, will we be having events with thousands of people?

I mean, MLB is talking about how they play a season without fans, and college basketball basically starts right after the baseball playoffs. If we have a "World Series" with no fans on October 31, are we really going to have college basketball with fans in the stands on November 3?