It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:23 am 

All the openings will be dependent on the state...so they are assuming and planning on a reversal one way or the other on current state mandates. and as all lesser govt. bodies are creatures of the state.....knowing that the mess in Italy and Spain started unknowingly at a football game it will take a lot of certainty about a lot of things before fans gathering in large numbers or a parent sending their kid to a school becomes the norm.. I thought we could randomly select one LU fan for each section...and give them an audio control panel with buttons and knobs that control cheers and boys and random crowd noises....?
A friend in WIsconsin sent me a picture of a golf course near his house....the picture was just the putting green and the first tee....I counted 105 people....there was no social distancing nor masks and this was northern Wisconsin near Shawano...
Which reminds me the LU Golf Team would have hosted the Valley Championships this week,,,Hope they get a chance next year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:22 pm 

WestCoastFan wrote:
Also, even if Wake Forest interviewed Porter (which I don't think they will), I don't see how that job/school is in any way a better fit for him than the St. John's job he turned down a year ago. No need to worry about this job opening.

Might deserve its own thread...but some news coming out from a local reporter covering Wake Forest sports is that Wake Forest is targeting Chris Collins. Meaning, the NW job might open up....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:28 pm 

Chicago side disagrees.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:48 pm 

The Northwestern job is a graveyard for coaches. A suicide mission for the desperate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:39 pm 

That description fit Loyola not too long ago. Porter seems to like challenging situations.