It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Jacob Huston
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 pm 

The official Loyola athletic website has indicated that Jacob Huston has been added to the basketball roster for the 20-21 season.
While this is not new news, it appears that he will be awarded a scholarship rather than a walk on status. My guess is, that if it is true, is that all roster spots are now accounted for; I guess it is possible that he could red shirt for the year.
Further input I will leave to those more knowledgeable than me.

Post subject: Re: Jacob Huston
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm 

Mistake # 1: It's "Hutson", not "Huston".

Mistake # 2: Failure to provide a link to press release. https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2020/5/ ... amily.aspx

Mistake # 3: Neglecting to refer to Ahunte1's scholarship chart before posting.

Mistake # 4: Drawing the unwarranted and erroneous inference that announcing Hutson was being added to the roster meant he was getting a scholarship for next year.
If he was granted an athletic scholarship he would have signed a National Letter of Intent (because of Covid 19 the spring signing period has been extended to August 1).
The press release makes no mention of Hutson signing a NLI.
Bottom line, he is a preferred walk on for next year and will be on scholarship thereafter under a "5 for 4" deal. He will not see the court next season.

Mistake # 5: Assuming that there will be no additions to the roster just because there are no available scholarships. There is a limit of 13 scholarships but no limit to roster size. Porter could still add one or more walk ons for next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm 

Harsh.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:33 pm 

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:48 am 

after reading the little blurb on the LU site was encouraged by what I read.....This kind of developmental, high ceiling kind of player we get a lot of...and if we can continue to develop these types of players..we will continue to be solid......It was nice to see Coach mention his ability to stretch the floor....I thought they made some attempts to get Krut to do a little more of that last year...but did he hit any of those 15 footers? I also wonder if Welch will be that kind of guy....I think Welch is destined more for the 5 than he is for another spot in the 4 out offense ?? anyway seems like a great kid....with lots of potential..