It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Loyola Fall Plans
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:29 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
My apologies. Trying my best to keep you guys informed from the land of cheese, sausage, and weak wireless connections. (No offense to BigJoe)

I sell all those things as positives!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:26 am 

Typical BigJoe real estate listing:

Quote:
WOW! Impressive 15,000 sq.ft. McMansion modeled after the Mars Cheese Castle. (see photo). Built in 1992, it retains such late 20th century charming details as the endlessly useful 90 ft. tall vaulted ceiling in the entryway, faux oak plastic Colonial molding throughout, beige wall to wall carpeting (even in all 11 bathrooms!), miles of drywall nailed to 2x4s and painted off-white, a gift wrapping room accessible from the gift unwrapping room, and genuine granite-look laminate kitchen countertops.

This magnificent house has 9 bedrooms including the master suite which is so big it has its own zip code.

The mechanical are properly sized for the house. The furnace is rated at 1.2 million BTUs, enough to heat an entire block of normal sized houses. It is zoned to heat only those rooms that are occupied. The current owner reports that his most recent January gas bill for heating the auxiliary kitchen, one half bathroom and a small bedroom was only $1000. Summer air conditioning costs are similar.

Worried about weak wireless reception? Don't be. The house comes with its own orbiting satellite. You will never be without the internet until the satellite crashes to earth in late 2024.

The full basement includes separate rooms dedicated to the sausage- and cheese-making hobbiest. Slaughter your own deer, milk your own cow, and feed your family fresh and delicious cheese and sausage year round. The savings on food go a long way to offset the estimated monthly mortgage payment of only $22,000.

Ten car garage/quick lube facility.

The turret is shooter-ready with gun mounts in place, providing 360° flexibility to choose your target.

I could go on about the many merits of this house, but I think you get the idea. Even though it's been on the market for coming on 8 years and its current new price is its 15th, don't hesitate to schedule a viewing and make your best offer.
You won't regret it!

Interested in this property? Give BigJoe a holler. Born a Flatlander, but now a proud Cheesehead, BigJoe needs the commission.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:56 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Typical BigJoe real estate listing:

Quote:
WOW! Impressive 15,000 sq.ft. McMansion modeled after the Mars Cheese Castle. (see photo). Built in 1992, it retains such late 20th century charming details as the endlessly useful 90 ft. tall vaulted ceiling in the entryway, faux oak plastic Colonial molding throughout, beige wall to wall carpeting (even in all 11 bathrooms!), miles of drywall nailed to 2x4s and painted off-white, a gift wrapping room accessible from the gift unwrapping room, and genuine granite-look laminate kitchen countertops.

This magnificent house has 9 bedrooms including the master suite which is so big it has its own zip code.

The mechanical are properly sized for the house. The furnace is rated at 1.2 million BTUs, enough to heat an entire block of normal sized houses. It is zoned to heat only those rooms that are occupied. The current owner reports that his most recent January gas bill for heating the auxiliary kitchen, one half bathroom and a small bedroom was only $1000. Summer air conditioning costs are similar.

Worried about weak wireless reception? Don't be. The house comes with its own orbiting satellite. You will never be without the internet until the satellite crashes to earth in late 2024.

The full basement includes separate rooms dedicated to the sausage- and cheese-making hobbiest. Slaughter your own deer, milk your own cow, and feed your family fresh and delicious cheese and sausage year round. The savings on food go a long way to offset the estimated monthly mortgage payment of only $22,000.

Ten car garage/quick lube facility.

The turret is shooter-ready with gun mounts in place, providing 360° flexibility to choose your target.

I could go on about the many merits of this house, but I think you get the idea. Even though it's been on the market for coming on 8 years and its current new price is its 15th, don't hesitate to schedule a viewing and make your best offer.
You won't regret it!

Interested in this property? Give BigJoe a holler. Born a Flatlander, but now a proud Cheesehead, BigJoe needs the commission.

We actually do have a castle for sale just a little east of Madison, https://s.paragonrels.com/goto/itBAk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:38 am 

BigJoe1963 wrote:
We actually do have a castle for sale just a little east of Madison, https://s.paragonrels.com/goto/itBAk :| :|

Looks like a starter castle to me. Does it at least come with a moat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:27 am 

I actually am looking for property these days, but I have a few questions on this plot:

Does artillery come with the property, or are the current owners taking it with them?

What is the going rate for siege insurance in that area?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:57 am 

Siege Insurance rates obviously depend on the duration of the siege to be covered. A policy covering a month-long siege is going to be less expensive than a six month one. Also, if you want a no-deductible Cannibalism rider (aka "Leningrad Liability" coverage) the premiums are higher still.

I have a Siege Insurance guy if you're looking for a quote.

Last edited by swellafelon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm 

[/quote]We actually do have a castle for sale just a little east of Madison, https://s.paragonrels.com/goto/itBAk[/quote]

It really does look like a cheese castle from the outside.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 pm 

Swella's best post yet. It is a keeper. Could not stop laughing. Nice of you to brighten everyone's day.
You are a multi faceted talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:52 am 

Could not agree more, Streak!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 am 

Scream, personally I think it looks more like it was made out of Legos, but I can see cheese too. Maybe a compromise of cheese cubes? They look like edible Legos.

On edit: It looks like Scream might be on to something after all. It turns out that the woman who built the house with her husband was...A CHEESEMAKER'S DAUGHTER!

https://www.wiscnews.com/bdc/news/local ... 29c0f.html

I just love it when life imitates art!