It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm 

Swella, I completely agree with you on the big schools not being happy about it, but my view on it is we are going to have to do things unconventionally just to get a season. I don’t see any way we have a conventional 30 game season.

The idea that I came up with could be tweaked to skew towards the power 5 schools by just taking the top conference finisher from all 32 conferences (with most points being the tiebreaker) and then have another 32 “at-large” bids. If they did that, I would want some type of restriction parameters on what would make you “at large” eligible (for instance, no school should get an at-large bid if they finished 4-6 or lower in their conference).

My plan is the only thing I can think of that guarantees a season and gives every school at least “a chance” to make it to a tournament in March, while being the least invasive to school schedules.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:46 pm 

I think in the end you will have 2 conferences
The Chicagoland COVID COnference....where all schools in the area who agree to safe procedures play where they can travel play and get back to campus
The Conference in a bubble with maybe a round robin or something done at the same location in maybe a 10 day period

but who knows....in the end the Big10 was concerned about test results taking so long and the inability to do contact tracing in a contact sport...which both would apply to basketball.

oh vey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:18 pm 

If the Ramblers play in a bubble this season I think we should we should nickname them the Blerbs. No reason, it just sounds cool.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:03 am 

Does anyone know how things are going with the team? Are they doing workouts? I would definitely like to hear more about how our team is preparing for the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:10 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
If the Ramblers play in a bubble this season I think we should we should nickname them the Blerbs. No reason, it just sounds cool.

Why not?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:12 pm 

I saw Aher at a supermarket near campus this week. Didn't get a chance to talk to him. Haven't heard anything in the way of news. This "wait and see" approach is getting nerve wracking. It's getting close to the time where there needs to be some concrete decisions made on the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:46 pm 

If Aher was at Aldi's, did you see how many tries it took him to get the quarter in the shopping cart lock?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:32 pm 

It was Aldi, and he did have a cart. He was leaving as I got there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 am 

swellafelon wrote:
If Aher was at Aldi's, did you see how many tries it took him to get the quarter in the shopping cart lock?

Dude. Rarely do I actually “laugh out loud” when reading posts. Stop making me like you, swella!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:53 am 

My Aldi Slotting Percentage is a sizzling 90%, but I've had a lot of reps.
To supplement my meager Social Security pension I hang out at the local Aldi parking lot and offer to return carts after people have unloaded their groceries in their cars. On good days I make around $1.25 an hour (i.e., proposed Republican minimum wage).

I just hope Amazon doesn't decide to enter the market with drones or robots.