It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Milt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:55 am 

So just curious,,,Milt signed to play in Italy for Trieste...on the east coast of the Adriatic...surrounded by Slovenia and close to Croatia.....beautiful, beautiful , beautiful....But my question is Milt got some time in the NBA with Brooklyn and last year had what I thought was a real good year with the WIndy City Bulls....statistically was solid across the board.....Went to see him once and watched probably 5 games on the t and v....thought he was well rounded, good in all areas....so just curious if 1. anyone has an idea what is keeping Milt back from the NBA and 2. Is playing pro in Europe more advantageous than the NBA D League....
just saw where Vic Law on Northwestern got some time in the NBA bubble and I always considered Milt a better player than Vic Law especially offensively.....

Post subject: Re: Milt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:29 am 

I'm not sure about what might be keeping Milt from getting more NBA looks...but the money for good European players is superior to G League lifers and there's going to be a season there while the G League very likely won't have one this year. Also there's got to be some benefit to getting the hell out of America for a bit while the covid/election crap spews on, if you have the choice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:31 am 

One of the biggest appeals of playing is Europe is that the G-League average salary is reported to be about $35k, but the average player in our of Europe's top leagues can make $100k + living expenses. Of course, every player's contract is different, but I bet Milt signed for significantly more money to play in Italy than he would've gotten by playing another year in the G League.

Also there's a lot of uncertainty on when/if the 2020-21 G League season will start so by signing to play in Italy, Doyle has some certainty about being able to play a season this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm 

I would have to think that Doyle made some type of informed decision based on the probability of the G-league going this year. Better to take the money overseas and hope you can dominate and come home if you get the call, than to just sit around waiting for something that definitely doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

He is one of those guys that you really feel for in this pandemic. He seems like he’s just on the cusp of getting on a team, and the pandemic really throws a wrench in things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 am 

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is well. You all are right, Milt didn't want to take a chance any more waiting on the NBA. He's been getting a lot of interest from teams but nothing solid. He decided not to waste any more time with the Gleague, overseas bball pays the bills with a possibility to get a call from the NBA. The Bulls were going to give him a 10day but we all know what happened to the rest of the season. Hopefully in the near future someone in the NBA notice his potential value he can add to a team.
Due to the Pandemic overseas pay has dropped but if you are a high tier player you can still make a decent pay, thank God he's built a good bball resume. One thing for sure, we know what God has for you, is for you...
I'll share links and information when he starts playing in Italy, on social media. GO RAMBLERS!! #ONWARDLU

One thing for sure, he's been going forth setting the world on fire, his passport is full, lol
Take care everyone, I miss the RAMBLERS family.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:58 am 

That's great to hear that Milt has at least got some interest. I think it's smart to not wait on the G-League. I have a feeling the pandemic may have shut that down completely

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 am 

Thanks for update.
I can't believe how difficult it is to crack the NBA. Glad to hear MD35 is playing and
well. It's gonna happen...