It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MVC Cancels Fall Sports
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:17 pm 

Quote:
Following this morning’s President’s Council meeting and amid continuing health and safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Missouri Valley Conference announced the cancelation of fall sports for the 2020 season. A decision on the feasibility of playing traditional fall sports (women’s volleyball, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, cross country) during the spring semester will be made at a later date.

These have been a very difficult few months for all of us and this decision was a difficult one to make. However, as always, the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and game officials are and will continue to be at the forefront of all of our decisions. This ruling has no bearing on the schedules for our winter or spring sports, including both men’s and women’s basketball, which to this point, are unaffected. Plans for those seasons will be announced later this fall.

Despite the cancelation of the fall sports seasons, student-athletes in those sports will be able to train and work out when they return to campus for the start of the 2020-21 academic year. In accordance with NCAA, state, city and University regulations, Loyola has established and implemented strict training and workouts guidelines to keep our Ramblers safe.

We thank you for your continued support of Loyola student-athletes and we hope to be able to see you on campus at some point this academic year to cheer our Ramblers on to victory.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:08 am 

Alternate title: A Tree Fell in the Forest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:37 am 

Now you know how I feel when I post one of my comedy gems and nobody replies and acknowledges my genius for the bon mot or witty rejoinder.

Just keep plugging away with your ongoing series of increasingly depressing news posts, Dr. Doom. You are performing a public service which should be reward enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am