It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Around the Valley
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:49 pm 

01grad wrote:
InSU’s Tre Williams to Duquesne.

I may never understand the move by the Trees to kick out Lansing. They had a great core of players, most if not all probably now leaving. This could set them back years.

Interesting to see he specifically thanked Lansing in the post. Believe Laravia did in his post when he committed to Wake Forest as well. Very interested to see where Lansing ends up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 am 

If I am reading the Verbal Commits chart....Indiana State has 2 players....with 2 letters of Intent.....So if anyone still has eligibility left...might want to email the AD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am 

Is there an age limit?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:56 pm 

Marty Simmons has been hired to be the head coach at Eastern Illinois. It's his first head coaching gig since being fired from Evansville in 2018.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/spor ... 819899001/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:20 am 

Jees ..brings back memories of the old high school landscape...w/o tv having hit basketball nationally...High school basketball and state college basketball was all the rage.....and Illinois was just like Hoosiers,,,,,,Carbondale, Centralia,Granite City, Mt. Vernon Quincy Blue Devils, Galesburg Silver Streaks, Peoria Manual,,,,and the occasional real small schools like the Cobden Appleknockers or Villa Grove or even here in Northern Illinois..the state Champs Hebron Giants in 1952...their water tower is still painted like a basketball. and every once in a while some kid who had shot basketballs outside against a hoop posted up to the barn would emerge who could shoot like machines... and Marty Simmons at Lawrenceville..fits right into that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm 

Joseph Yesufu is in the transfer portal. Surprising to see he's leaving Drake. He's a real good player, and I thought he'd be part of a formidable core at Drake. I would not be shocked to see him at DePaul, which is becoming depleted, like Javon Freeman-Liberty left Valpo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:43 pm 

m52 wrote:
Joseph Yesufu is in the transfer portal. Surprising to see he's leaving Drake. He's a real good player, and I thought he'd be part of a formidable core at Drake. I would not be shocked to see him at DePaul, which is becoming depleted, like Javon Freeman-Liberty left Valpo.

Whoa, that sucks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:49 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
m52 wrote:

Whoa, that sucks!

He's clearly starter material. Hard to ask him to do 15 minutes a game for another season when he just gave you 40 to win a tourny game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:52 pm 

No Ramblers in the 3x3U tourney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:01 pm 

For some perspective, Adam Miller, Illinois’ big recruit from last year who started every game (I think?) as a Freshman, is transferring. It’s a crazy, crazy new world in college basketball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next