It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: And so it begins...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:26 pm 

We can hold on to a tiny glimmer of hope if we want, but I'm guessing they finalize it soon.

Edit: Changed the tweet to include his follow up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:29 pm 

I really thought when we dodged the Marquette gig we were in the clear. I hope we don't go back to the wilderness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:31 pm 

Spicy. Big national reporter vs the local guy. We'll see how it all plays out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:33 pm 

Whelp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:34 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:

We can hold on to a tiny glimmer of hope if we want, but I'm guessing they finalize it soon.

Edit: Changed the tweet to include his follow up.

All of the large media sources already have released that he accepted the deal with Oklahoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 pm 

“Don’t run from happy.” Unless you’re running to Norman, Oklahoma.

“#AllIn” Unless a ‘better’ opportunity arises.

I thank Porter for what he did for the program. He took a bottom feeder program in the Horizon League and turned it into the top program the Missouri Valley and a household name. That is truly remarkable.

If it wasn’t for Loyola’s patience over the first few years, Porter would be a twice-fired coach working as an assistant for some mid-major program. I hope OU has a similar level of patience and that Porter’s “culture” translates to a big time program with 4 and 5 stars.

I was hoping Porter was our Mark Few, but it turns out he was our Dan Monson. Now let’s go find the right person to keep our program’s momentum going.

Yes, I am a little salty. But I’ll get over it. And I really do wish him great success at OU. It’s a business, and a better business opportunity arose.

Now we pray that we somehow keep our key guys and the incoming recruits. Drew Valentine is already being reported by national guys as the leading candidate. Better move fast.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:40 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
“Don’t run from happy.” Unless you’re running to Norman, Oklahoma.

“#AllIn” Unless a ‘better’ opportunity arises.

I thank Porter for what he did for the program. He took a bottom feeder program in the Horizon League and turned it into the top program the Missouri Valley and a household name. That is truly remarkable.

If it wasn’t for Loyola’s patience over the first few years, Porter would be a twice-fired coach working as an assistant for some mid-major program. I hope OU has a similar level of patience and that Porter’s “culture” translates to a big time program with 4 and 5 stars.

I was hoping Porter was our Mark Few, but it turns out he was our Dan Monson. Now let’s go find the right person to keep our program’s momentum going.

Yes, I am a little salty. But I’ll get over it. And I really do wish him great success at OU. It’s a business, and a better business opportunity arose.

Now we pray that we somehow keep our key guys and the incoming recruits. Drew Valentine is already being reported by national guys as the leading candidate. Better move fast.

I think we're all a bit salty. The "All in" and "Don't run from happiness" phrases sting a bit now. I wish him the best, I was not expecting this. I guess we should have known money mattered when he bought the Ricketts mansion. Alright I'm over being salty though. Porter has been good to us we all knew this day would most likely come. I'm glad he put the program back in the spotlight and made it what it is today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:53 pm 

Wow...I’m kind of speechless. I was not expecting this after the Marquette, Indiana, and Texas jobs cleared out. Hard not to hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:57 pm 

This should settle the debate on naming anything after him around campus. Thanks for the memories, onto the next. Just like he did to us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:00 pm 

Definitely stinks. As most said thought we were over the hump, if the reports are true good luck Porter.

Does hurt some, especially with the Culture Created and All In statements, but we all knew this was a real possibility. Money talks, it’s an old adage; and can we really blame someone for taking a pay increase and a “next step” to a high level challenged in their profession? We really can’t and Porter needs to do what’s best for him and his family. If that’s Oklahoma so be it, albeit disappointing he didn’t want to stay and try to be “Gonzaga Midwest.”

That being said, thank you coach. The past decade has been great, especially the past 4 years. To go from a horizon league cellar team to competing for championships in a tough MVC has been a blast. I hope the next coach keeps us on the upward trajectory and reaching new heights. Thanks for building the program back up to national relevance. Go Ramblers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next