It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Battle for Atlantis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 pm 

Quite a number of marquis names, with some fan bases that might travel well, like Mich State, 'Cuse and UConn:

2021 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis will include Arizona State, Auburn, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, Connecticut, Virginia Commonwealth, and Baylor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:31 pm 

We will be fine and we can compete. Porter knows what he is doing and will relish the chance to display what Loyola has achieved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm 

Travel packages up:

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/mb4a/loyola-chicago

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:15 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

We are trying to figure out what we want to do now. I've heard in past years, you could stay elsewhere and buy tickets for the games by walking up to the Atlantis' box office. However, this year might be different with capacity restrictions, etc. We've stayed at the Atlantis before and think it is tremendously overpriced for what you get. Ideally, we'd stay elsewhere and just head over to the Atlantis for the three games, but I just don't know if we can get tickets without being an Atlantis guest.

Frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:36 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

We are trying to figure out what we want to do now. I've heard in past years, you could stay elsewhere and buy tickets for the games by walking up to the Atlantis' box office. However, this year might be different with capacity restrictions, etc. We've stayed at the Atlantis before and think it is tremendously overpriced for what you get. Ideally, we'd stay elsewhere and just head over to the Atlantis for the three games, but I just don't know if we can get tickets without being an Atlantis guest.

Frustrating.

Yeah, unfortunately the email from the Athletic department specifically states, in bold and italics, "game tickets are only available for fans with an Atlantis hotel booking"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:43 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

Frustrating.

Yeah, unfortunately the email from the Athletic department specifically states, in bold and italics, "game tickets are only available for fans with an Atlantis hotel booking"

I emailed the Atlantis and was told "Non guests can purchase (if available) tickets for the Battle 4 Atlantis 2 weeks prior to the tournament through our box office. You can call 242-363-6601 or send an email to box.office@atlantisparadice.com."

So I'm not really sure what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:11 pm 

I would hope they'd allow locals to attend without booking a room...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:41 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

These prices don't include tickets to the games do they??? Seems too cheap!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:45 pm 

I was able to purchase just Loyola fan package tickets without a room reservation via https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/eventtickets

We'll see if that ends up working out, but I feel comfortable for now. Seems like some fans from other schools are taking the same route. Might be a "glitch" in the system as the Atlantis rep said tickets through the box office wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the event.

Anything to avoid the Atlantis money grab (last time there, we paid almost $80 for a family size pizza that tasted like a Jack's pizza....).