It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:35 pm 

Let's just call it "paying your dues".

I think Loyola is being treated very similar to how Gonzaga was treated during their rise back in the late 90's-early 2000's. I went back and looked at Gonzaga's record vs their seed during the first 4 years under Mark Few.
99-00 24-8 10 seed
00-01 24-6 12 seed
01-02 29-3 6 seed !!!!!!!
02-03 23-8 9 seed

So the NCAA is saying "prove it" to Loyola. Does it suck? Maybe. But, at the end of the day it's up to this team to respond. Looking forward, it's up to Porter to decide if he wants to stay and "prove it" like Mark Few and Gonzaga has. And its up to the university to continue putting in the resources to continue this trajectory. Only time will tell. Bad seed or not, watching the Blers on Friday will be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:48 pm 

Thanks for the perspective and well said! Rambler in the Rough.
Time to go and get the job done. I forgot where I read the expression,
"Start out as an underdog and prove how much you want it".
Cannot settle for the just happy to be here expression that a team might think and say.
Have that chip on your shoulder mentality and then give your all and get the job done!
If ever there was a coach who can get it done, it is Porter Moser.

Last edited by 25yearstreak on Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:50 pm 

As we’ve said, nothing can be done about it now. But just posted on my Twitter, if you go by Kenpom rankings Loyola is the highest rated 8 seed of all time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:00 pm 

We got screwed, no doubt about it. However, to be the best, you got to beat the best.We are constantly trying to schedule these types of games. So now we have a chance to light the College Basketball World on fire, grab our respect.

Porter has alwaysbeen an Anybody, Anywhere, Anytime type of Coach. So, #KeepChasing and #WeAintGoing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:46 pm 

3pm Central on Friday on TBS. Got the A-list commentators (Nantz / Raftery / Hill / Wolfson).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:47 pm 

3 pm central
Friday
TBS
Nantz/Raftery/Hill/Wolfson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:52 pm 

Hello Rambler faithful — longtime Tech fan here (since the early’80s). I understand your aggravation with the seeding. I’ve seen your team play a couple of times this year and they are really, really good — which doesn’t surprise me since I have felt you’ve had a good team for a few years now. I also feel that your league is better than generally acknowledged by casual fans.

Just wanted you to know that Tech fans are also much aggrieved to have drawn such a tough first round opponent. We are used to getting screwed by the Tobacco Road Mafia, but it’s been a while since we’ve earned an NCAA berth, so getting jammed by that committee into the bargain is something of a relative novelty.

As you may be aware, we play a sort of hybrid zone, variously showing 1-3-1 and 2-3 looks, with some man thrown into the mix. Are there any teams in your league that primarily play zone? If so, perhaps that may help your preparation. Certainly having an excellent passing big like Krutwig who is effective in the high post is going to give us problems. We are not deep, but have good senior leadership on the floor, especially at the point. I don’t anticipate that size is going to be much of a factor other than the threat of Krutwig bullying our lighter bigs down low. It will be interesting to see how the guards from both teams are able to control tempo and keep turnovers to a minimum. In a matchup this close possessions will be at a premium and a few loose balls or offensive rebounds along with free throws may be the difference in the end.

In the “small world” department a good friend of mine coached one of your former players, Majak Kou, at a high school not 20 minutes from me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:57 pm 

No way! Majak was my first favorite Rambler.

We definitely don't see a lot of zone. It has seemed to throw us off over the years, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:01 pm 

Game is at Hinkle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:06 pm 

Hinkle holds 9100. 25% is 2275. Are they doing individual games for tickets, or is it daylong sessions like it normally is? I’m assuming it’s going to be impossible to get tickets.

I put my name in at 12:02 through the website but I’m assuming are allotment will be gone my the time they get to me.

Does anyone know for sure how tickets for games are being allocated ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next