It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:42 pm 

Indiana state takes down the ranked Irish by the final score 83 to 70. Balanced scoring. THIS is why we will not make it easy for WSU to snag the title. If we can play like this every game we could steal the title. Nice win for my trees and nice win for the Valley.
http://www.gosycamores.com//ViewArticle ... =209311931

Now come on Ramblers, as a league we need you guys to step it up and win. It only helps the league. Take this as a lesson as why top teams FEAR playing MVC schools. That's why we have a hard time scheduling. But as you will find out, we live for these moments. The win also ends Notre Dame's 48-game, 14-year home court winning streak in the month of November. Creighton never defined the Valley. Who will be the next MVC team to step up? (Is is you Ramblers?) Just some extra motivation =)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 am 
Site Admin

Great win today for Indiana State, and pretty good win for Illinois State (beat Northwestern on the road).

Also, Indiana State's only loss (by one point at Belmont) is looking a lot better after Belmont upset North Carolina.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:45 am 

Well, The TRIB must be gnashing its teeth for sure now that TEWO of jts darlings have been smacked by VALLEY teams--at ND and NW no less---NICE !!
Good for our Conference.

It does remind me of the fact that RAMBLERS are not yet ready--not by a long shot--We cannot take down the likes of Tulane and TT---SHEESH !!

WE had best pick up the pace !! One thought is starting to rear its ugly head in my mind--ARE PM's recruits MVC caliber ?? We had better get a move on !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 am 

I spoke very briefly with Armon Gates on Saturday. He had nothing but praise for PM. He said that for the last couple of years, the coaching staff at LU had been recruiting the type of players that they needed to win in the Horizon League. That changed went the MVC invite was accepted. So, the administration gave PM the contract extension to allow him time to go after the biggies LU needs to successfully compete in the MVC. He said he believes PM will have the Ramblers winning in the MVC in a couple of years and definitely does not think that they will finish at the bottom of the conference this year.

Last edited by JC64 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 am 

JC64 wrote:
I spoke very briefly with Armon Gates on Saturday. He had nothing but praise for PM. He said that the coaching staff at LU had been recruiting the type of players that they needed to win in the Horizon League. That changed went the MVC invite was accepted. So, the administration gave PM the contract extension to allow him time to go after the biggies LU needs to successfully compete in the MVC.

This is what I was going to say. We have a team that would compete in the Horizon. Have to build to compete in the Valley. I still think we will win a handful of games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:36 am 

Also: Great win for the Sycamores! Congrats!