It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

Damn. Not unexpected given what's in front and now behind him. But still think he has a lot of potential--maybe he can unlock somewhere else. Think we all had high hopes for him to be the next Ben Richardson type player (floor leader, fundamentally sound, great defense and can occasionally have a big shooting game).

I suspect there will be one or two more to enter the portal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:04 pm 

smart player, was hoping he would stay around....but Clemons and Hall coming back kind of sealed his spot on the bench for another year.....The NCAA has f'ed up ..but this extra year of eligibility takes the cake.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:54 pm 

I am with Nate on this extra year rule. This coming season Loyola will have four super seniors and two graduate transfers. I imagine these six will see the majority of playing time. Three of the other players will have experience. These are Kennedy, Norris and Welch. Of the other five, I expect Hutson to get plenty of experience. This leaves a big question mark for Anderson, Johnson, Schwieger and Thomas. I would hate to see the team go into the 22-23 season with only a handful of experienced players.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm 

galena rambler wrote:
I am with Nate on this extra year rule. This coming season Loyola will have four super seniors and two graduate transfers. I imagine these six will see the majority of playing time. Three of the other players will have experience. These are Kennedy, Norris and Welch. Of the other five, I expect Hutson to get plenty of experience. This leaves a big question mark for Anderson, Johnson, Schwieger and Thomas. I would hate to see the team go into the 22-23 season with only a handful of experienced players.

Point taken, but starting lineup in 22-23 of Norris / Kennedy / Thomas (or Anderson) / Welch / Hutson would be pretty dang good.

How does eligibility work for the Ivy guys? They had to sit out this year because the Ivy sat out. Was it a "free" year for them so they could potentially have two more years to play?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm 

Edit: thanks Ahunte

Last edited by Blers42 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:10 pm 

Lol.. delete these characters from the end of the link:

Code:
?s=21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:14 pm 

I have some friends who went to Brown.... fantastic school in a great college town. Good luck to Pax.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 pm 

Do we have some sort of exchange program going with the Ivy League?

Hope he does well…do I remember correctly that his younger brother is going to play for another Ivy school? Harvard?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 pm 

You know who else recently transfered to Brown who has Loyola ties?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm 

Seems like a perfect spot for Pax! He’ll be a great player in the Ivy League with more PT, get to play his little brother twice a year, team up with his former AAU teammate we recruited (Cowan), and get an amazing degree. Rooting for his success!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next