It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 am 

Interesting,,,,ACU beat Texas in the first round and lost to UCLA......won their conference......and have a kid from ????? Blue Valley NW in Overland Kansas....wonder if Clayton had anything to do with Frank going there.. and of course.....They are built on ???? wait, wait....CULTURE....They finished 4th in final Mid-Major rankings
Hope it works out for Frank, always seemed like a great guy....Wish we knew the whole story on this year with Frank...was it injury, or lack of playing time or another issue....As well as Hutson did this year....it would seem that the two of them would have been great sharing the center position next year. Also progress is made in practice......now it will be Welch and Hutson, two different types of centers.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm 

I think everyone agrees that Frank is a great guy and the source of a lot of positive energy on the team. From what I've heard, this year was lost to injury, surgery and recovery. But, there has been talk about his development arc. Meaning that his skills haven't improved as quickly as they need to to keep up with other players on the team. I think it's reasonable to imagine him looking at next year's line-up with Big Hutty, Knight and the possible return of Cam and realizing that his minutes would be limited. I hope he does well at Abilene. They were an exciting team to watch and they've made a big impact in their short time in D1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:47 pm 

How long is the transfer portal open? Is there a deadline for submitting your name into it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 am 

SO 25, I dug around a little and found an NCAA article on the transfer portal and transfer waivers.. after reading the article my head was spinning but that is not unusual when reading something the NCAA has put together....I will not put my hand on a bible on this but it would seem that at the end of the semester in which they entered the portal the university they are with can cut their scholarship officially.....while this does not give clarity to when they have to sign with another school...I would imagine that it is a deadline for deciding to stay....So April 30th ends the current academic semester at LU....and again this does not seem to provide clarity...as I guess one could be re-instated later with a scholarship....
So basically I have nothing......except someone in the portal will most likely not have their scholarship renewed at end of semester and would probably increase the urgency for schools to have scholarships allotted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:32 am 

It moves closer to the goal line of knowing for sure. Thanks for your efforts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:34 am 

While not story worthy, interesting that Verbal Commits is reporting that Sami Ismail (walk on) is transferring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:57 am 

Big Frank has reopened his recruitment. He committed to Abilene Christian and then a few days later, Abilene's coach was hired by UTEP. Hope he finds a good landing spot...maybe follows Golding to UTEP...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:11 pm 

Any word on Hebb? Is he being re-recruited?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:47 pm 

Was listening to ESPN and the commenters were talking about the crazy amount of players in the transfer portal. They mentioned that a shocking number of kids that enter the portal don’t land anywhere. Can you imagine giving up a 4 year scholarship and not getting an offer anywhere? These kids really do need to think this out more.

It’s one thing if you played and were productive, but if you did not play much and don’t have stats its another. If I was a coach I would be wondering what the problem was and if the kid can handle adversity. I mean the number is staggering in the transfer portal and not all of them were “wronged” by their coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 am 

Have heard zero on Baylor Hebb. I thought he'd be our most sought after transfer. Maybe he is and he is just keeping it downlow. Or maybe Coach Drew is trying to get him back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next